X

X

Thursday 15th March 2007
10:05am

The entrance of the HQ was behind me and I repeatedly paced to either side of it. I wanted to stay focused but I also wanted to pass the time as quickly as possible. Harry hadn't arrived yet but that was a good thing because it gave me time to prepare myself. Dealing with him was like dealing with a five year old and I hated it.

I honestly despised him and I was beginning to worry for his safety because I was ridiculously close to doing something stupid like shooting him. But I wasn't going to, of course. He wasn't going to jeopardise this opportunity for me to show what I was capable of.

My mind was elsewhere when I heard a door open swiftly. I turned eventually to view the usually blank-faced Harry walking to the door where I stood.

He was wearing the ebony uniform that he always worn but this particular time, he was attiring a shirt that had shorter sleeves. I could see that he had more tattoos than just the cross on his hand. There were swirls of ink that created a ship, rose, an anchor and so many more. They all seemed unique. If I had to choose to get a tattoo out of the ones that he owned, I would probably choose the rose but I took a liking to a mermaid on his forearm.

"Have you got any?" He mutters, noticing my staring, and I exit my zoned out state. I now get a proper look at him; his hair was left untamed and fell on either side of his face. His lightly tanned skin looked unflawed as I inspected him.

"What?"

"Tattoos. Do you have any tattoos?" He asks blankly and I nod. His eyes peer at the floor but mine stay directed at him.

"I do. Only one though." I tell him and he nods.

His hands were holding a rifle and his body was on the right side of the door whilst mine was on the left; only the length of double doors between us.

"What do you have?" He clues, glancing at me with his forest eyes.

"None of your business." I state, gazing ahead of me.

"I knew you couldn't hold a conversation for more than a minute before becoming a bitch." He comments but it doesn't even affect me. I must have been too tired to argue back.

"It's a lion looking at a dog, basically." I tell him and he raises an eyebrow. "It looks a lot better than it sounds."

"Where is it?" His hand pushes his hair back like it usually did. He carried on looking at me as he spoke.

"It's on the left side of my stomach, near my rib cage." I state while gesturing to where it is over my uniform. He just nods again before gazing away and looking ahead, my head started to feel heavy. I yawn and lean against the brick wall behind me; my hands were free so I folded them over my chest.

"You should probably hold a gun." Harry declares, realising that I wasn't, and I sigh.

"I have my pistols here. I'm fine." I reply, gesturing to the pistols strapped to my hips. My head started to feel strange but I ignored it.

"I didn't ask you how you were." He says with a smirk and my eyes roll.

"Shut up."

He surprisingly shuts up and the atmosphere is silent for the next twenty five minutes. Despite the peace, my head starts to feel sore with a dull ache that intensified with each minute. I shouldn't have had that wine last night. Could you be hungover after two and a half glasses?

I don't overthink my actions before I crouch to the floor, slumping on it while letting my back fall against the wall. I let my eyes close as I rub my temples. Bending them, I bring my legs closer to me; leaning my elbows on my thighs, my head in my hands.

"Are you okay?" I can hear Harry's footsteps as he travels nearer to me.

"I'm good." The words are false, I felt as though I was getting a pretty bad migraine.

"You should probably go see Flynn and go home. You're obviously not well." He explains and I glance up at him.

"Don't act as if you care. I already have enough idiocy in my life." I state and he rolls his eyes, huffing, before pacing back to his spot beside the door. I gather that he was only trying to help but he had previously been awfully mannered so I didn't trust him.

I eventually stand up, although feeling dizzy in the process. My arms lean against the wall as I stand for another ten minutes in silence. My ears can hear Harry humming a tune but I dismiss it anyhow.

"Harry!" I then see Liam stepping towards us in the empty corridor. "Flynn needs to see you."

"Okay." Harry says, he begins to stroll with him before stopping. "Hey, you don't have any aspirin, do you?" He questions Liam.

"Yeah I do. Why?" Liam replies before grabbing the sleeve of capsules originally fixed in his pocket. He hands them to Harry.

"Patience." Harry calls my name to catch my attention and he throws the tablets in my direction, I catch them, before he carries on strolling to Flynn's office with Liam. His hair falls behind him as he proceeds to pace with Liam.

"Thanks." I say rapidly but I was unsure of whether he heard it.

Wow, Harry had the capability to be nice. How long would this last for?

My fingers take two of the capsules, swallowing them rapidly. I sigh in relief, throwing the almost-empty sleeve into my pocket after. Everything was calm and my migraine actually started to subside within ten minutes. My feet began to pace to each side of the door again. I actually decided to hold a pistol, now that Harry wasn't here. It would be a lot safer to do that when I was alone.

A few more steps are made and I begin to wonder why Harry was called to Flynn's office. Was he finally getting a job without me? That would be the day. He actually wasn't being too arrogant or annoying today but I wouldn't admit that. Once somebody annoyed me, I didn't trust myself to like them after it. It was just my nature, I couldn't control it. I was a very guarded person.

My brain was lost in thoughts when I heard an abnormal noise. It sounded like metal clinking from outside of the door. I grip the pistol tighter before stepping back, away from the door. My left hand held the pistol up as my right hand moved to take my other. I aimed them both at the door, waiting for it to open.

But it didn't.

Suddenly, I hear an ear-ringing explosion and before I know it, or can react to it, my world is plummeted into unconsciousness.

Everything went black.