LXIII

LXIII

Saturday 21st April 2007
4:02am

When my eyes finally opened, I was met with the view of a large window and a road. We were moving along a dark, deserted road and I was stuck in the middle back seat of the car. My senses came to me very slowly, my head turned to peer from the side windows in confusion. I was met with a dusty and ruined environment, where the hell was I?

My body tried to move, out of discomfort, only to find that I was completely strapped into the seat by tough rope. I quickly glanced up again but this time, noticed the long hair of Ashton in the passenger seat and the back of Noah driving the vehicle. Realisation hit me, as it usually did at that moment.

"What are you doing?" I question to them both, sternly. Ashton's head rapidly snaps to gaze at me.

"We're just having a little drive." He replies sarcastically and Noah chuckles in response.

"Where to?"

"You ask a lot of questions." He comments before peering back into my eyes, "We are visiting somewhere; the place will remain a surprise until we get there."

"I can't believe this." I mutter with a sigh. "You're Zayn's men, aren't you?"

His crimson lips turn upwards into a smirk and I watch in horror.

"Why do you think we always wore long pants in training?" He clues with frightening delight in his irises. I think for a moment before realising what he meant, my mouth opening in shock.

He manoeuvres his left leg onto his right before pulling his pants up to reveal his ankle. There was the rose tattoo, like the one at the HQ laboratory, and the one on the small piece of paper where Cara died. My fists clench in anger.

"You won't get away with this." I tell him through gritted teeth. Why did I never suspect this to happen?

"I think we already have." He laughs lightly and it annoys me.

The outside almost looked like a beach or a desert, the dirty sand was set upon all of it. I sigh again before gazing back in front of me. There was a clock on the dashboard of the car and it read 4am, I hadn't realised how late it was.

"Try to sleep; we won't be there for a while." Noah's voice startles me as he looks at me through the mirror. I would have trusted him most of all, betrayal cut me like a knife.

"No." I shake my head and he furrows his eyebrows.

"What was that?" Ashton speaks up again, turning around with fury-filled eyes.

"No." I repeat and he also furrows his eyebrows in frustration. "Did I stutter?" I add.

"He said to sleep." He instructs slowly, his eyes still burning into mine. He thought that he could frighten me, scare me until I would rather die than be near him but I was stronger than that; much, much stronger.

"And I said no."

"Stubborn bitch." He mutters in anger before reaching into his pocket. No, not again.

He swiftly turns back to me and I view the needle in his hand, he plunges it roughly into my left leg and I yell out in desperation to stay awake.

I am plummeted into darkness.

My vision is taken over by an angel with long, dark auburn locks who looked nothing like Noah or Ashton; his gleaming, emerald eyes searching my features for distress before his delicate hand reaches out to hold my upper arm in comfort. As soon as his grip is on me, I reach my two arms out and lock them around his neck in a tight embrace. His body is extremely close to mine as he holds me. I never wanted to let go.

Suddenly, I fall downwards out of his hold, almost like I was falling into an ebony river. The sea of water overtakes my body before my mind eventually shuts down.

I didn't know if I'd see him again.