LVIII

LVIII

Wednesday 18th April 2007
7:41am

My eyes snapped open to the loud ringing of a phone. It was only then that I felt a body stir from on top of me and noticed the chestnut curls thrown across my bare chest.

Harry groans lowly as he pushes himself from me and away from the blanket that covered both of us, standing up. His body was almost naked, only a pair of boxers covering part of it. I rapidly pull the blanket back over my body, stunned and taking a while to hit reality.

As he steps to where the phone is, a wave of panic floods my body while I remember the events of the previous night. Holy crap, what have I done?

I take deep breathes to calm my state as Harry leaves the room, phone in hand. My body sits up and I wrap the blanket fully around me as I stand up from the sofa. Immediately, my back begins to ache and I curse at the pain the sofa had caused me.

Suddenly, Harry returns to the room to see me stood up, clutching the blanket to stop it from falling. A large smirk falls upon his face as he comes closer and I roll my eyes.

"I love the outfit, is the blanket a new fashion statement?" He sarcastically says with a chuckle, this makes a smirk lace my lips.

"Yeah I designed it myself. Who was on the phone?" I sarcastically remark back before questioning him.

"Oh, it was Flynn. He's back in the HQ and he wants to see us." He states simply and I nod.

We both proceed to get ready for work, Harry gives me one of his clean shirts before getting changed in his bedroom and I have a shower. The shirt was definitely too large for my frame, although the muscles in my arms filled up the sleeves. When I am finished, I lean against the sofa for him to finish up. He smiles as soon as he views me wearing his slightly baggy shirt and I return it before leading the way outside to his car.

Harry's car starts up in less than five seconds and I immediately envy it over mine. As the car begins to drive, I watch the trees of a nearby park fly past the window. The day was cloud-free and the sky was as clear as it could be.

Cara comes to my mind without warning and I feel my chest tighten with hurt straight away. I pat my jacket's pocket and feel the photographs inside it, adding to my needed comfort.

I still couldn't believe what had happened with Harry but I tried not to dwell over the negatives too much. It wasn't like we had committed a crime by our passion. But that was the problem. Were we just pretending last night? I just needed to know whether he felt the same way as I did.

Today, his hair was the very definition of free as it tumbled over his shoulders. It had become significantly longer but I liked it. It made him look a lot more laid back and nowhere near prim and proper. It made him look more like... well, Harry.

"You're staring at me again." He states whilst his eyes stay focused on the road, a dimple indenting his cheek.

"You're speaking to me again." I reply and he glances at me to see my smirk.

"How are you holding up today anyway?" He asks; his tone serious.

"As good as I can be." I tell him and he nods.

"I am really sorry." He says without hesitation and I grow confused. My hands anxiously play on my lap.

"About what?" I hope that he isn't talking about last night.

"About what happened to your friend. It was really horrific." He tells me and I sigh with a mixture of distress and relief. My mind was everywhere that morning, I couldn't think straight.