Chapter 9: Pasta and Boners

Luca

"I hope Lila poisons you" she mumbled throwing her fork in mid air and catching it grimly staring at me. I glared right back. Was I wrong to choose her as my wife? Would I break the Clemente chain and disregard the honor of the former Clemente men? Fuck no if it means I'd have to deal with a head strung wife then so be it. Technically she isn't my wife but she doesn't need to know that our wedding wasn't all too official. I just have to show her I'm not all that bad...

 I just have to show her I'm not all that bad

<<Luca>>

"What's you favorite color?" I asked hoping she'd get diverted, from what I've collected Dani has a really short attention span. She narrowed her eyes suspiciously but answered nonetheless. I already knew her favorite color but it didn't hurt to ask

"Red like your blood when I impale you with this fork" she glared. I rolled my eyes. She could easily do that, that's a fact. But another fact is she won't.

"Good to know you incorporate me in your thoughts" I smirked watching her squirm, not finding a response to my comeback. I grinned widely at her irritated expression. From afar I could see Lila watching us through the chef's kitchen sending me a sign that meant she was watching me.

"You could've just asked me nicely you know" Dani mumbled to herself fiddling with the table napkin as she refused to reciprocate my gaze.

"What?" I asked confused of what she was going on about. Although I could tell it was a serious subject. Her eyes lost the ever present mischief as they softened when she carefully peered at me through her lashes.

"Kidnapping me wasn't necessary....now look at what we've come to. Flowers and movies would've done the trick...or a puppy, God I love puppies" she sighed looking back down as she picked at her nails. She was slightly pouting but I couldn't respond to her analogy. Dani was right. Had I grown bigger balls to ask her out and gradually reveal I'm part of the mafia then maybe just maybe the idea would ease into her and she wouldn't be running away from me every chance she gets.

"I was just so adamant on making you mine. Every single day I see guys look at you the way only I should Dani. Fuck one look at you and my brother betrayed me! You don't know how much power you yield Dani. You hurt me just by the blink of your eyes and you kill me every breath you take. You're like a drug consuming me....I want to understand you, to know you'll always be there so I won't take you in all at once, so I could moderate my desire not fearing that someone will take you." I held her hands as her doe eyes stared up at me. It was amazing how she takes my breath away by just parting her lips and looking stupid. She was about to say something when Lila arrived with our food.

 She was about to say something when Lila arrived with our food

<<Dani>>

"Alright Shakespeare don't get my bestfriend to jump your bones just yet" Lila scoffed placing exorbitant amounts of food and pastries at our table. Dani immediately extracted her hands from mine as her eyes widened at the different cuisines. I groaned annoyed that our little moment had been disrupted.

"Hey cheer up butter cup"Dani chuckled turning my glare from Lila's retreating figured to her grinning face as she poked a cauliflower into my mouth. I smiled and opened my mouth eating the cauliflower and licking her finger. Her eyes widened in shock but she quickly composed herself.

"I forgive you" she smiled solemnly and continued to eat. Dani Shaw was like two people The mischievous and deadly and then there's The Understanding and intellectual. It was that which made her dangerous. It was that which made me like her. No, love her.

"You know Luca Clemente I thought men like you were only after tits and vaginas....apparently not" she said seriously, munching on a piece of croissant. It was not a proud moment for me. I have never experienced anyone as blunt as Dani. To my astonishment she cooed and kissed my cheek.

The simple gesture was enough to get me riled up. Who knew a single kiss could get me this aroused, and on the cheek at that. I squirmed in my seat readjusting my position so as not pain myself with the unsettling excitement in my pants. Now is not the time. I watched as she tried to twist a portion of pasta on her fork, failing miserably as it plopped back down onto her place. She groaned irritatedly and muttered "Fuck!" under her breath

"Trust me baby right now it's all I want" I groaned moving my hips carefully as her eyes widened with realization. It was my turn to smirk as red immediately covered her face and she hastily tried to stand up but I held her hand and stared at her eyes intimately

"Luca" she groaned in a hot voice I chuckled by the crook of her neck.

"Be my girlfriend" I sighed happily as she stiffened on her seat.