Bites, Birds, and Blow Torches

Chapter Two 

****

My boyfriend unwillingly dropped me off at my house after an entire car ride of trying to convince me that the first day of school wasn't important, and that finishing what we started was on the top of his list. So, as you can guess he was not very happy at all when I got out of his jeep to get ready for school. Did I want to continue what we had going on just a little bit ago? DUH. But we just couldn't, at least not today. And yes, I know I'm going to regret it...cause I already do. 

I trudged my way up the stairs towards my room, "Lyds, I'm home." 

And nothing back. 

"Lydia?" I asked, now going towards her room instead of mine. "Are you– OH MY GOD! I'M SO SORRY." I should know better than to open my sisters door without knocking these days. Recently Lydia's been playing the boy game, I'm assuming trying to get her mind off of Jackson. I've tried to talk her out of it  telling her that it wasn't a good idea to go through boys like this, but does she listen? Nope. I just get the lecture about how it's her life, she's doing what she wants to do, there's no harm in having a little fun, and that she needs a distraction. So, here I am...awkwardly standing in the doorway of her room while she prances around in a leather jacket, which I'm assuming belongs to the random guy making himself at home in her bed. 

"Oh, hey Auttie." She said, walking towards the door. "Time for school already? Man, I guess time sure does fly when you're having fun.." She smirked. 

I faked a gag, "Okay, please spare me. But yeah, it's time to get ready for school...So if you could say goodbye to your friend here, and help me pick out an outfit that'd be great." 

"Hey, I'm Brad." The guy said, peeking from behind Lydia.

He sent me a small wave, so I forced one back. "Hello, Brad. I'm Autumn..." I said awkwardly. You know, I love having a conversation with my sisters one night stand while she prances in his leather jacket, and he stands here covering up his junk with her bed sheets. Highlight of my day. Really. 

"Oh I know who you are, you and your sister tend to come up a lot at my school. Only in good ways of course, I go to–" 

"You're talking too much," My sister said, turning towards him. "I'm sure she doesn't care." 

I nodded slightly, shrugging my shoulders, "I mean...this is a tad bit awkward not gonna lie. So, I'm gonna head to my room now, and pretend this didn't happen. Adios Brad, I'm sure it will be a while before I see you again." .... And that's my cue to leave. 

I briskly walked to my bedroom hoping to walk off the memory of the situation that just went down, but nope....that didn't work. I opened up my door only to be greeted with a spazzing Prada on my bed. "Woah, there Prada...Calm down..." I chuckled. "Did Lydia lock you up in here? You poor thing." I began walking towards my bed when Prada flung herself off of my bed, and basically attacked my ankle. "Ow! Prada! What are doing!?!" I yelled, shoving her away with my hand. Blood began to trickle down to my foot, and she darted out of my room. "What the heck did Lydia do to her?" I mumbled to myself. Prada has never done anything like that before...

"Auttie I– Why are you bleeding?" Lydia questioned as she walked into my bedroom. 

"Prada bit me," I replied as I walked towards my bathroom to get a towel. "What the heck did you do to her?" 

Lydia followed behind me, "She was acting all weird last night and Brad was coming over, so I locked her in your bedroom." She said, shrugging. 

"Oh, cool. So you basically set up a trap for me when I got home? Thanks Lyds, congratulations it worked." I rolled my eyes, and began holding the towel firmly to my ankle in attempt to slow down the bleeding. "If anybody should have been setting up a trap, it should have been me. Did you see my car last night?"