A Moment of Normality

Chapter Twenty Two 

****

Lights illuminated the hospital hallway as every single deputy in Beacon Hills showed up along with the FBI, Stiles and I had been sitting here waiting for them for awhile. After Scott ended up going off with Deucalion we found Derek lying unconscious on the elevator floor, which resulted in Stiles throwing a few harsh slaps to his face before he finally gained consciousness. Of course he ran off to find his sister leaving Stiles and I to deal with the cops. Guess this shouldn't be too bad, we should be used to dealing with them by now. 

As I glanced towards the doors my mouth gaped open when my eyes saw who was making their way into the hospital, "You've got to be kidding me..." 

Stiles furrowed his brow at my comment before taking a look himself, "Just perfect." He said as he let out a heavy sigh. 

"As if this night hasn't been bad enough...Is it too late to run?" 

Scott's dad made his way quickly over to where we were sitting, "A Stilinski at the center of this whole mess. What a shocker. But a Martin...that's a little surprising." 

I narrowed my eyes at the tall man, "You know what's surprising? You showing your face in this town."

"Think you can answer some questions without the usual level of sarcasm?" Agent McCall asked Stiles, completely ignoring my remark. 

My boyfriends head cocked to the side, "If you can ask the questions without the usual level of stupid." 

"Where's your dad, and why's no one been able to contact him?" Agent douche bag asked, a smirk tugging at his lips. 

"I don't know, I haven't seen him in hours." 

Scott's dad nodded, "Is he drinking again?" 

Stiles gave his head a small shake as he let out a sigh, "What do you mean, again? He never had to stop." 

"But he did have to slow down. Is he drinking like he used to?" 

I could tell Stiles was tensing up as he shifted in his seat, Scott's dad better watch out or he's gonna face the wrath of Stiles. "Alright, how about this? Next time I see him, I'll give him a field sobriety test, okay? We'll do the alphabet, start with F,  end with U." 

My hands folded across my chest as I became more irritated, "Is this honestly any of your business? How about you go back to doing whatever your little job is elsewhere, kay? This town doesn't need your help." 

"How about you two just tell me what happened here?" He asked, obviously not getting the hint that we both wanted him gone. 

"Neither of us know what happened here. We were stuck in the elevators the whole time." Stiles answered. 

Agent McCall narrowed his eyes, glancing at both of us. "You're not the ones who put the name on the doors, are you?" 

My eyes shot towards him, "What do you mean? What name?" 

****

Stiles and I walked into the Argents apartment right behind Allison and her father since they were just getting home themselves. We left the hospital the moment we saw "Argent" written in red on the elevator doors. If that doesn't scream that he's the next sacrifice, then I don't know what does. "I'm so sick of this..." I whispered to my best friend who was walking by my side. 

"I know, me too." She replied with a small frown before turning towards her dad as he unlocked the door. "Dad, how are you not worried about this? Clearly you're–"