Ice bucket challenge? More like Ice bath challenge

Chapter Seven 

****

My heart was pounding out of my chest and a layer of sweat was forming on my palms. To say I was nervous to hear what Stiles had to say would be an understatement, he even used the term "We need to talk." Literally dying here. If any werewolves are around me right now I can guarantee I'm knocking them out with the stench of my anxiety. I mean there was no way he could have found out about the bite unless someone told him about it, and I don't think anyone would do that...at least I hope not. 

As I continued the walk towards the library that felt like the longest walk of my life, the back of Stiles' head finally came into view as he leaned on the wall next to the double doors. Since I couldn't see his face I couldn't tell if he was pissed, sad, just upset, I couldn't tell anything. "Stiles?" His head flung around, and he didn't look pissed, sad, or anything. He just looked really nervous, like wringing his hands, bobbing his mouth up and down, nervous. "You uh...said we needed to talk?" I said, as my walk came to a stop. 

"Y-Yeah, I realized that I probably shouldn't have used that phrase...I mean we need to talk, but I'm not mad or anything...I sent it and Scott yelled at me saying that it wasn't really something you wanna say to your girlfriend, I should have known that but with the lack of girlfriends I've had–Sorry." 

My body finally released the breath it was apparently holding, and I could feel some of my anxiety melt off of me. "It's okay. Sooo, what's this about?" 

I watched him closely as his eyes focused on his wringing hands, and is mouth was bobbing up and down as he tried to find the right words to say. "Autumn, you–you know I love you more than....more than anything in the world, right?" He said, his eyes finally shooting up connecting with mine. I nodded slowly in response, not exactly sure where this conversation was going. A nervous feeling was once again taking over the pit of my stomach, and I could feel the anxiety sliding back up onto my body from the puddle it had made on the floor. If Stiles was acting like this, if he was telling me how much he loved me, maybe he's keeping something inside from me that's eating him alive also. Maybe I'm not the only one holding onto a secret. 

"Stiles, not gonna lie you're making me really nervous.  What's going on?" 

He grabbed both of my hands, and kept his eyes locked on mine. "I wanna talk about what happened this morning in Coach's class..." 

I let out a sigh of relief, "That's what this is about? The condom?" 

"Yeah," he said nodding lightly, "I know it made you uncomfortable, and you're probably wondering why it was in my pocket..." 

"I'm a little curious, yeah." 

He let out a nervous sigh, "I've been thinking for a while about, ya know...moving our relationship to the next step...and I know we've been close before, but–" He paused letting go of one of my hands and bringing his hand up to his face, holding into the bridge of his nose. "God, i'm just making this awkward. Um, see....Autumn, you're the only girl I have ever been in love with, and have felt all of these feelings with, and um–"

"Stiles," I said with a small giggle, "Calm down, I feel the same way..." I said, pulling his hand away from the bridge of his nose and latching it back with mine. Did I want to be having this conversation at school? Not particularly, but ya know just gotta go with the flow I guess. 

His lips formed into a grin, "You-You do? Duh, of course you do! Well this is great!"

"Still curious about this though...why was the condom in your jean pocket? I mean I get the whole fast access thing, but did you think we would just do it in the middle of the school day in the Janitors closet? Well, it wouldn't be the first time it's happened in there..." I said, cringing at the stories flooding my mind that I've heard about one of the closets. The janitor should really consider cleaning his closet....he has no idea what he's touching in there.