Blanket of Darkness

Chapter Three

****

"Babe..." I groaned, flopping on his bed, "Can't this party thing be a just you and Scott shindig..."

I've been complaining for the last hour about this stupid party Stiles is forcing Scott and I to go to. Some friend he had when he was younger is turning seventeen, and invited him to her birthday party. Scott and I have never met this girl a day in our lives, so both of us are dreading going...I mean yeah, Lydia and I have done our fair share of party hopping in our days, but I'm just not feeling this one.

"Autumn Rose Martin, you are going to this party whether you like it or not." My boyfriend deadpanned. "And look at Scott, he looks like a puppy that just got his chew toy taken away. Seriously dude you're downing my vibe. What's wrong?"

Scott looked up from staring at the ground, "What? What do you mean what's wrong?"

"You know what I mean."

Scott let out a small sigh, "What are you talking about? Nothing's wrong."

"Scott, you're radiating off some funky emotions...I don't need werewolf senses to be able to tell that." I confessed.

"Yeah, you were totally giving a look."

Scott's eyes narrowed in confusion, "I didn't give a look."

"Oh, there was a distinct look, Scott." Stiles scoffed.

Scott turned towards me, "What look, Autumn?"

"The look that says that the last thing you feel like doing right now is going to a party." I said, "But I mean I'm totally giving the same look, so I don't know why he's calling you out like that."

"It's not that...It just seems weird going to a different high schools party." He admitted.

I cocked my head to the side, giving my shoulders a small shrug. "It's not that bad...and just because I said that doesn't mean that I want to go. Just stating the facts."

My boyfriend flung his head back in frustration, "Oh my God, Scott. One drink, alright? You'll be fine. I went to nursery school with this girl, okay? She promised to introduce us to all of her friends. So tonight, no Allison. You're going to have fun, and Autumn and I will be your wing man slash girl."

I snarled my nose at the thought of having to be sociable with people tonight. Just not feeling it...

Scott nodded his head, "You're right."

"That's right i'm right!" Stiles exclaimed.

"Moving on!"

"Onward....upward!" Stiles replied, throwing his hand into the air.

"Let's do this!"

Stiles grinned from ear to ear, "That's what I'm talking about! Now look at me!"

I couldn't help but roll my eyes at the stupid handshake they were currently doing. "Alrighty, well since you guys are all pumped up for this awesome party I think you can go without me."

"Autumn." Stiles said sternly.

"Wait!" Scott yelled, "How's my breath smell?"

My boyfriend snarled his nose, "I'm not smelling your breath....make Autumn since she's being a party pooper."

"Um, no thanks. It probably smells like dog breath, and dog breath is always jank."

Scotts eyes widened, "I don't have dog breath!!! Do I?! Do you guys have any gum?!"