Mission Separate Voltron Wolf

Chapter Eighteen 

****

"Great best friend bonding time." I scoffed as Lydia, Allison, and I stood outside of the High school. 

The familiar blue jeep whipped into the parking lot, and came to a quick stop. "Where are they?" I heard Stiles ask as he hopped out. 

"Over here." Allison replied as she pulled her folded arms closer to her chest. 

Stiles rushed over to us, Scott following right behind. "Autumn? Lydia?" 

"It's the same thing. Same thing as the pool. Except this time....Autumn was the one driving." 

My eyes lifted off of the ground and landed right on Stiles who looked extremely worried. "We got into the car heading to get ice cream, and ended up here." I explained. 

All I remember is walking out of my house with the girls, getting into the car...and then everything after that up until now is extremely hazy. As soon as the car parked it's like I snapped out of it, and realized where we were. Allison said she had been trying to ask me where I was going, but she couldn't get Lydia or myself to say a word. 

"And you told us to call you if there's a dead body." Lydia added. 

Stiles' eyes widened, "You found a dead body?!" 

I shook my head, "No. Not yet, but someone is dead. I can feel it." 

"Not yet? What do you mean not yet? Guys, you're supposed to call us after you find the dead body." 

My sisters hand shot up, and she pointed a finger towards my boyfriend. "Oh, no, we're not doing that again. You find the dead body from now on." I completely agree with her. I would rather avoid seeing anymore dead bodies if possible, which the chances of that happening in this down are slim to none.

Stiles' jaw dropped and his eyes narrowed, "How are we supposed to find the dead body? You're always the one finding the dead body."

"Guys." Scott said as he turned his body away from the group, "I found the dead body." 

You know that situation where you don't wanna see something at all but you just have to look anyways? Yup, that's me right now. I couldn't help but turn my attention in the direction where Scott was staring, and there laid the body of a deputy....A deputy I've known my whole life. 

My heart sunk when I saw Tara's lifeless face staring directly at me. 

When Stiles and I were younger I would spend a lot of time at the station with him while he waited for Sheriff so he wouldn't be alone. Tara would always come over and check up on us, bring us snacks, help us with homework. She was one of my favorites...and now I'm sitting here staring at her body. Once again we're too late. We're always too late. 

Is this ever going to stop? 

****

"Idioms, analogies, metaphors, and similes, all tools the writer uses to tell their story." Ms. Blake said as she walked around the room, before pausing her walk next to my sisters desk. "Lydia, I wasn't aware you had so many hidden talents." 

Lydia shrugged her shoulders and glanced up at Ms. Blake who was hovering over her desk, "You and every guy I've ever dated." 

"Oh, um, well, that was an idiom, by the way." Ms. Blake replied before continuing her walk back to the front of the class. "Idioms are something of a secret to the people who know the language or the culture."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and turned around in my desk to take a peek at whatever Lydia was doing. "What's up with you and trees lately, Lyds?" I whispered as I observed her drawing. "And was the comment about the guys really necessary?"