There's Always Hope

Chapter Fourteen

****

"Stiles I–" 

"Autumn!" Lydia yelled, rushing over to where Stiles and I were standing. 

I let out a sigh as my eyes squeezed shut, "Yes, Lydia? Now really isn't–"

"I think you need to come with Allison and I." She said with wide eyes, grabbing onto my wrist.  "It's important. Come on." 

I glanced towards Stiles who had a look on his face that was begging me to stay, "I'm Sorry...there's some stuff going on and I um...I should probably go with them...We can talk about this soon, okay?" 

A look of defeat spread across his face as his head slowly nodded, "Yeah...Yeah, Okay. I'm um, gonna go see what Scott's doing." 

I nodded as he made his way back up to his room. As much as I wanted to scream for him to come back and continue the conversation, my emotions were all over the place. And with what just happened with Lydia and I something is obviously going on here, so this probably isn't the best time for Stiles and I to start digging into our feelings. "Okay, Lydia. What's so important?" 

"The number changed." 

"The number changed?" I asked with a raised brow. 

She nodded quickly, "Yes. The number of suicides is no longer one ninety eight, it's two hundred and one." 

"So what does that mean? That three more suicides have happened since we've been here?" 

Lydia nodded, "Yes, or there's gonna be three more...."

"Look I think we need to be a little concerned, okay? Scott was acting extremely weird when I was showering, he literally walked into the bathroom and it was almost like I wasn't really talking to him...ya know?"

"Well you heard him, Stiles just went up to see what he was doing." 

Allison turned towards me, "Text him....we need to figure out what's going on." 

"You guys literally just let him walk away, why didn't you just talk to him before he left?"

"Doesn't matter! Text him!"

I let out a small groan, "Okay."

Need to talk. Just you

My eyes widened as the text sent. I would bet anything that he's gonna think we're gonna talk about us instead of what we're really going to talk about. 

Lydia, Allison, and I need to talk to you. Meet us in room 217. 

**** 

I awkwardly sat on the bed as Lydia and Allison explained to Stiles what had been going on, of course including what happened with Lydia and I. He was listening to every word they were saying, but then it was like he was just staring straight at me. Like he was trying to put pieces together. Trying to figure out what's going on. Trying to figure out what I am. 

"Last time I saw Scott act like that was during the full moon." Allison said as she paced around the room. 

"Yeah I know, he was definitely a little off with me." Yeah, well Scott's not the only one feeling a little off right now. "But actually, it was Boyd who was really off. I watched him put his fist through the vending machine." Stiles mentioned, as he punched the air in front of him. 

Lydia stood up from where she was seated next to me on the bed, "See, it's the motel. Either we need to get out of here right now, or..." She rushed towards the drawer in the nightstand, grabbing a Bible out. "someone needs to learn how to do an exorcism asap, before the werewolves go crazy and kill us."