Insatiable

Chapter Forty Four 

****

"This is Stiles...trust me, I can tell." I assured Melissa as she examined his eyes with a small flashlight, we had him resting on Scott's bed. He kept his grip tight on my hand, while she began checking his pulse with the other. He hadn't said really anything since we noticed Lydia and the Nogitsune were gone, which isn't surprising at all. 

"Well, medically you seem okay

"Well, medically you seem okay. You're definitely a real person." Mama McCall said, letting out a small laugh. 

Stiles nodded lightly, "Okay, so I'm real, but am I really me?" 

I brushed my hand through his hair gently, "Yes, Stiles...this is you." There was no doubt in my mind that it was him, I was a hundred percent sure. Footsteps sounded down the hallway so I turned to see who it was, praying that Lydia was back but it didn't sound like the clicking of heels. Scott appeared in the doorway without my sister, and my heart sunk in my chest. "Scott?"

"Is she here?" Stiles asked, sitting up slightly in the bed. 

"Is who here?" I asked in confusion, I must have missed a conversation while I was talking to Deaton about Lydia. 

Scott glanced down at the ground before our eyes met, "Kira's mom..." 

"What?! No! She's the reason all of this is happening in the first place!" I yelled, standing up from the bed. "Why would you think that this is even the slightest bit okay to bring her here?" 

"Otto, listen..." 

"It was my idea." Stiles admitted, "I need to know if I'm really me...I wanna take your word for it, but babe I need to be a hundred percent sure myself." He grabbed ahold of my hand once again, nodding slowly as his weak eyes locked onto mine. "We have to do this. Scott-" He said, turning towards our best friend, "wanna help me downstairs?" He nodded quickly and walked over to the bed, "Look, I don't know what's going to happen, but remember to just watch after her, please."   

"Always." Scott nodded as he began to lead Stiles out of the bedroom and into the hallway.

Mama McCall placed a gentle hand on my back to which I just smiled lightly in reply to, "I don't know how you all do this, but I wish I was as strong as you. I know you guys can get through this, I believe in you." 

"Thank you..." She pulled me into a hug, and I just cherished the moment I had with her. I wasn't sure what we were getting ourselves into now, who honestly knows what's going to happen. A feeling was creeping up on me, an all too familiar feeling. Maybe I was going to die, maybe the Nogitsune, I can't tell yet...but either way I needed to cherish this like it was my last moment I had. "Melissa..." 

She gave me a big squeeze before pulling out of the hug, "Yeah?" 

"Never forget how much you mean to me." A single tear slipped down my cheeks, "You've always been my second mom, and I just really appreciate everything you've done for me. Make sure you stay safe tonight, okay? If you need us, call..."