Gut Feeling

Chapter Thirty Six

(I apologize for the chapter title, I literally couldn't think of anything. lol)

****

Everything happened so fast.

I could barely process what was happening, it felt like all of this was just a huge dream. Well, more like one giant nightmare. After the electrical wire went crazy and we all ran downstairs we found Isaac, Allison, and Kira down in the parking lot, and there was water everywhere from someone hitting a fire hydrant, which I'm assuming happened due to the giant wire falling from the roof. Nobody could set foot in the water though because of the electricity flying everywhere, anyone who stepped into it was essentially burnt to a crisp....everyone except Kira. She could touch it without a problem, it was like she was controlling it. Things kind of blur after that, everything up until I heard Derek yell that Isaac wasn't breathing, he had been electrocuted. They rushed him into the hospital, and then that's when we got the news about Stiles.

Someone saw his jeep leaving the parking lot, and now two days later he's nowhere to be found. This wasn't like Stiles, he wouldn't just up and leave without telling anyone, especially me. Scott and Derek didn't wanna say anything to me, but I already knew. He was the Nogitsune, and there was nothing I could do to stop it from happening. What the Oni showed me, those vivid dreams I've been having, everything was becoming my reality, and at this point I felt completely numb.

"Have you been here all night?" Scott's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

I nodded lightly before glancing down at my best friend who was sleeping peacefully on my shoulder, "Um, yeah. I didn't want her sitting here all night by herself, and I wanted to see Isaac too but uh, they won't let us because we're not family."

"I told them he doesn't have any." Allison muttered, eyes opening slowly.

"Well, he's got us." Mama McCall stated, "And I've got a key card." She added, whipping the piece of plastic out of her pocket.

Allison shot up from her seat and began following her as she walked down the hall, but a hand gripped tightly around my wrist stopped me from moving. "Come here, Otto." I was immediately grasped into Scott's arms, and the tears that I thought I had already cried out came flowing once again. I was completely broken on the inside, and it seemed like nothing but getting my Stiles back could put me back together. I wasn't sleeping, I was scared, I felt like a failure. I don't understand why this had to happened, why any of this had to happen.

"I'm so scared, Scott." I muttered into his chest, voice cracking. "I'm terrified."

He placed a gentle comforting kiss on the top of my head, "I know, but I'm here and I'm not gonna let anything hurt you, okay? We're gonna save Stiles, we'll figure this out." I nodded lightly and he quickly wiped the tears from my cheek as we pulled out of the hug, "Let's go see Isaac?"

"Yeah..." I started walking to meet up with Melissa and Allison, and Scott's arm draped over my shoulder keeping me close to his side.

Allison gave me a look of concern, it was obviously visible that I had been crying. "You okay?"

"I will be, eventually..." I replied quietly.

Mama McCall gave me a small sympathetic smile before sliding the key card, "Be quick, I don't want us to get caught and you all have school." I wanted to avoid school like the plague, but to be honest I didn't wanna be alone either, so since everyone else is going to school I didn't really have a choice.

We all nodded and slowly made our way into the dark room that held Isaac. The right side of his body was completely burnt, he was hooked up to a couple of machines and some oxygen. I had never seen him look so weak, and I hated every second of it. Scott stood in the middle of Allison and I, holding both of our hands for support. "I thought he'd be healing by now..."