Whispers

Chapter Thirty Four 

****

Tossing and turning in bed was something I had gotten used to during the past few weeks, but especially ever since I had my personal encounter with the Oni. I would have these horrendous nightmares of Stiles, pure evil in his eyes just like what the Oni had shown me. Sometimes he would be coming after me, and other times I would be watching him hurt others. Well, it wasn't always him, a lot of the time it would be the Oni doing all of the damage. I would wake up screaming so loud to the point where Lydia or my mom would have to run into my room to calm me down, my entire body trembling in fear. For a moment I would understand what Stiles was going through, since almost every night he would wake up the exact same way. 

To try to distract my mind from the thoughts that consumed me during sleep, I decided to try leaving my tv on for some light and background noise. It was something for me to get used to considering I used to never be able to sleep with it on, but things were different now. It was almost like I needed it. 

Like every other night I was cuddled in bed, listening to the voices on the tv as I attempted to drift off to sleep when everything began to turn to static. In confusion I sat up in my bed to find the picture on my tv perfectly fine, but the sound drowned out by the static and one voice trying to make its way through. As I got closer to the tv that's when everything began to clear up, and the voice that was coming through my tv was Stiles. He kept saying, "Please come find me" over and over, and he sounded panicked. I immediately thought it was just a nightmare, but when I used the technique that Stiles had learned to use when he thought he was dreaming, I counted the correct number of fingers on each of my hands. 

At first I didn't understand why I was hearing this voice through my tv, and why he was saying what he was, but then a small thought entered my head. Stiles had been sleep walking more recently like he used to when he was little, and it was just continuing to get worse as the days passed. My gut was telling me this was exactly what had happened, he must have began sleepwalking and gotten himself lost, and somehow my abilities were triggered so I would know. Without hesitation I threw on my jacket and some shoes and bolted to my car to head to his house. The entire way I thought that there could be a possibility I was wrong, I hoped at least. 

But, at this exact moment any hope I had was crushed. The moment I opened the door I was greeted by everyone else, except my boyfriend. I slowly walked in, confused and worried as Lydia, Aiden, Isaac, and Scott came into view. "Wh-Why are you all here? How did you know something was wrong?" 

"He called me, did he call you too?!" Scott asked frantically. 

I shook my head, "Um, not exactly...I kinda heard it...Well, I actually haven't really thought to check my phone, I rushed out of the house so fast I didn't even think about checking it. It's out in my car." 

"I heard it too!" Lydia replied, moving closer towards where I was standing in the doorway. "I heard it through the radio." 

"I heard it through the tv." 

Scott's gaze moved between Lydia and I, "Huh?" 

"Don't ask." Aiden stated, "It gets more confusing when you ask." 

Lydia shot him a small look, "Yeah, well not as confusing as this." She gestured towards Stiles' bed which had a metal hook sitting in the middle, red strings going from the hook to various pictures on the wall behind his bed. 

My feet began to slowly walk towards the mess of strings, "He uses red for unsolved cases..." 

"Maybe he thinks he's part of an unsolved case?" Aiden asked.