Telluric Currents

Chapter Sixteen

****

"A Ouija board?" My sister asked as Stiles sat the box in front of us on one of the lab tables.

"Yeah...What's with the board, Stiles?" I asked, pulling up a stool since Cora decided to tag along.

He began to take the board out of the box, "It's also called a Spirit board, and it's worth a shot."

"A shot in the dark." Lydia sassed.

Stiles let out a small sigh before turning towards Lydia and myself. "Could you just try it, please, okay? Let's not forget who this is for-Scott's boss, the guy who has saved us on more than one occasion."

"Oh, wait, should we all do this?" Cora asked, motioning to the board.

"I mean, you could always take my spot." I replied. I'm not a huge fan of this idea.

Stiles shot me a disapproving look, "Nobody is taking anyones spot, okay? We're all doing this."

I let out a small groan as my hand found its way to the board, everyone then following after me. "You guys ready?" My boyfriend asked, mainly towards me.

"As ready as I'll ever be."

"Yes."

"Yeah, let's just get this over with." My sister replied. "I have a list of other things I would rather be doing right now."

An awkward silence filled the room as we all focused our attention onto the board. I mean, shouldn't we at least be saying something? I've never done this before, I've only seen it done in movies. And I'm usually hiding under a pillow, or digging my head into Stiles' chest. No I'm not a wimp, I just jump easily when things pop into the screen and stuff, don't judge me.

"Where's Dr. Deaton?" Stiles asked.

And nothing. The board didn't move one bit.

I shifted awkwardly in my seat, and I could literally feel eyes just staring at my sister and I. "What?"  I asked glancing from my boyfriend to Cora.

"Aren't you gonna answer it?"

My eyes narrowed as my head cocked to the side, "Ummm, Stiles I don't think-"

"We don't know the answer." Lydia deadpanned, "I thought we were asking some sort of spirit."

I nodded, "Yeah, isn't that the whole point of this thing?"

"Well, do you know any spirits?" Cora asked from her seat next to my sister.

"Is she for real?"

"I think so..." I replied, "Stiles-"

My boyfriend let out a sigh as he dug into his pocket for something, "Okay, let's try this then." he said as a set of keys took place around his index finger. "These are Deaton's keys for the clinic. We're gonna try this with the both of you, you're gonna close your eyes, and I'm gonna put them in your hand, and then we're just gonna try and see if you can feel out for his location. It's call Psychometry."

"I'm not a Psychic." Lydia retorted, holding her index finger up in the air.

"Yeah, I don't think we go into that category....Well, at least I don't think so..." I replied, leaning my elbows up on the lab table.

Stiles' nostrils flared a bit, "You guys are something! Okay? Just, Lydia, put your hand out...you're first."

My sister let out a small sigh before shutting her eyes, and flinging her hand out in front of her. "Hmm..." She mumbled as the keys hit her hand.