Strife

Chapter Forty Two 

****

"You wanna handcuff me?" Sheriff stood there dangling the handcuffs from his fingers as he stared at Stiles, the rest of us staying quiet and watching from a distance. 

He walked down the steps into the loft, "If my son is still here, if there's still a part of him standing here in front of me, then he'll put these on willingly and he'll come with me, because he knows I'm here to protect him from himself and from others." At this point he was directly in front of his son who was still focused on the cuffs. To our surprise Stiles gave one look at his wrists before lifting them up in the air, giving Sheriff permission to place the metal around his wrists. Without hesitation the cuffs were snapped on, and he took a step back watching how his son just gazed at them. Finally Stiles shifted his gaze back up, but this time there was a look of pure evil taking over his face which Sheriff noticed right away. "You're not my son..." He whispered with a small shake of his head. 

Stiles smirked before giving his wrists a snap, breaking the handcuffs right off and flinging them to the ground. Argent gave Allison and I look before he and Derek made their way inside."I'm gonna stay behind in case I need to run in if things get really bad, okay?" Scott whispered, "It'll be a complete surprise to him, it'll catch him off guard." I nodded in agreement before walking in next to Allison. A chuckle of amusement slipped from Stiles' lips at the sight of all of us, and it only caused a sickening feeling to overwhelm my stomach. Allison cocked her head to the side before taking out a stun gun, before I could say anything the electricity was shooting in his direction. But, something happened that none of us were expecting, he literally grabbed ahold of the electricity and it began to flow between his fists. The look he was giving the entire time he was doing it was unexplainable, it was terrifying. Allison quickly dropped the gun, but not even seconds later Derek was going all wolf on us which resulted in a growl echoing off of the walls. 

As he attempted to charge towards Stiles his fist was grasped in no time, and the cracking of bones sounded as his arm was jerked behind his back

As he attempted to charge towards Stiles his fist was grasped in no time, and the cracking of bones sounded as his arm was jerked behind his back. Derek groaned out in pain as Stiles literally flung him around like a rag doll, slamming him into a post before tossing him into a wall. He spun around in mid air before hitting the floor with a thud, his werewolf features no longer taking over his face. I was completely focused on what was happening to Derek until a gun being cocked caught my attention. I assumed it was Argent, and when my eyes finally turned where the sound came from my assumptions were confirmed. 

"Allison..." I whispered, voice trembling. "H-He won't...he won't shoot him, right?" 

She wouldn't respond or look at me, because I think we both knew the answer to that even though I wanted to tell myself he wouldn't. 

"Argent..." Sheriff's hand rose into the air, "Listen to me. Don't do this." 

Argent kept his eyes locked on Stiles, ready to pull the trigger at any moment. "Why not? I've done it before. Werewolves, berserkers. I can easily add a Nogitsune to the list."