The Wailing Woman

Chapter Nineteen 

****

"Okay, okay, okay...." Stiles mumbled as he paced around his room. He was clearly stressed about telling his dad everything, and so was I, but his stress was making me even more stressed than I was before.

"Stiles...try to calm down." I whispered. 

"Yes, okay!" He exclaimed as he turned towards his dad, "No, Oh–" 

I let out a small sigh and stood up from my spot next to Cora, "Stiles, it's okay." I whispered as I approached him. "We're here to help you...I'm here for you, okay?" 

"Stiles?" 

He gave me a small nod before walking closer to his dad, "Dad, I'm sorry, okay? I'm just–I'm trying to–I'm just trying to figure out how to start here." 

"Hey, I don't have this kind of time." Papa Stilinski said sternly. 

"Um, for the last year, you've had all these cases that you couldn't figure out, right? I mean, all the murders involving Kate Argent, and then Matt killing all the people who had drowned him, and all these murders right now. It's like–It's like you've been playing a losing game." 

Sheriff furrowed a brow towards his son, "Stiles, the last thing I need right now is a job performance review from my own son." 

I let out a sigh the same time as Stiles, "I know.." He replied while he ran his hand through his hair. I watched him closely as his eyes focused on something behind me, his face lighting up like he finally had an idea. "Okay, but, see that's–that's just it, dad." he said as he ran over to the top of his dresser, picking up his chess board. "The–The reason that you're losing the game is because you've never been able to see the whole board." 

My arms crossed over my chest as I walked over to the now open chess board, "We need to show you the whole board." As Stiles nodded in agreement my phone began going off in my back pocket. I quickly pulled it out and my stomach dropped when I read the words my sister had sent me. 

From: Lyds

Mr. Westover is missing. 

Another person was taken, and once again we just let it happen. 

****

Stiles,Sheriff, and myself were all gathered around the chess board as Stiles attempted to explain to his dad the world of the supernatural. The chess pieces were placed on the board representing people, and he had little paper tags hanging off of them with what they were. Not too bad of a plan, I guess. 

"Scott and Derek are werewolves?" 

"Yes." Stiles said with a sigh. 

Sheriff narrowed his eyes, "And Kate Argent was a werewolf?" 

I shook my head slightly, "Hunter." I corrected him as I picked up the chess piece, "Purple's hunter." 

"Along with Allison and her father." Cora added from her seat on the bed. 

"Yeah," Sheriff replied with a nod, "and–and my friend Deaton, the Veterinarian, is a Kanima?" 

Stiles shut his eyes tightly, "Well, no, no, no, no, he's a druid, okay?" He replied, "Well, we think." He added glancing towards me. 

Sheriff looked like he was trying to understand but he honestly looked terribly confused, "So, who's the Kanima?" 

"Jackson." 

"No, Jackson's a werewolf." 

"Jackson was the Kanima first..." I replied, "Then Peter and Derek killed him and he came back to life as a werewolf. Now, he lives in London. I know it seems bizarre but this seriously is legit, Sheriff. I promise."