chapter eight

Lauren's POV

The first thing I heard and paid attention to, were soft giggles and a woman's voice, it was really quiet. After that I focused on a beeping sound and faint zooming, probably belonging to some kind of machines. And the first thing I felt was a hardly bearable stinging in my temple and pumping in my head.

Where the heck am I?

Rays of sunshine fell to my face and I immediately squinted my eyes, even though they were closed in the first place, trying to protect myself from the irritating light.

I didn't feel comfortable and I started stirring, but something stopped me. I tried to open my eyes, though even that task was difficult to complete.

I'm so weak.

What's that thing on my face? Assuming it was just a strand of hair, I lifted up my arm, deciding to remove it. I never lifted it up, though. Something stopped me again.

I started shaking my head, trying to get rid of the annoying object, now being aware it's not my hair. It could have been some wires that were stuck on to my face.

I heard someone gasp and then stand up, the steps were audible.

"I think she's waking up!" Fuck, that was so loud.

I recognize that voice.

I found the strength to try to open my eyes again. It worked. I slowly fluttered them open and at the same time I noticed white door opening wider as a tall man in a white gown came in.

There's so much light in this room. Where's my mom? I want to get out of here.

"I'm going to have to ask you to leave, ma'am. Sorry." I heard the man say sternly. He had a warm voice.

I decided I'd focus on it, it's calming.

"Yes, of course. Should I look for her mom?" a girl said. I knew I recognized it, it was Camila. What are we doing here??

"No, not yet. But can you please call one of the nurses?"

"Sure thing." Her voice is much more calming, to be honest. I remained calmer with my eyes closed, so I decided not to open them unless it was necessary.

I heard the door close and the man walk up slowly to my bed.

That bed is so uncomfortable!

I just want to go home. Now Camila is gone as well and I have a feeling I'll start panicking soon.

"Hello? Ms. Jauregui, can you hear me?"

Why is my mouth so damn dry? I opened my eyes and looked at the man's face. I simply nodded, not being able to say anything.

"Do you want me to cover the window?"

He must have noticed the way I've been squinting my eyes. I nodded again, much more eagerly this time. He did that and walked up to me.

"Do you feel comfortable talking?" he asked softly. I shook my head as he watched me intently.

"Alrighty then, well you're in a hospital if you haven't figured it out yet, and I'm your doctor. We're not sure what happened to you, I'll need to ask you a few questions to find out more about it. I'm totally fine with you nodding or shaking your head, so don't worry about talking."

A hospital? That would explain the beeping sound.

What could have possibly happened though? It was never this bad. I have fainted before, but I always remembered everything. Now all I'm left with is blank space.