chapter twenty five

Camila's POV

"Walz,"

"Hm?" I hummed. Those nicknames, though.

"You sure me going with you to Lauren is fine?" Dinah asked timidly.

"Well, well.. is Dinah Jane actually being shy?" I asked humorously. "I'm sure, DJ. She said it was okay, don't worry!" I assured my friend.

"Okay.." she sighed. "Ugh, girl! You be looking on point, a'ight. Now let's go." She groaned as I checked myself out in the mirror for the umpteenth time tonight.

"Alright.. I just want to look good." I confessed.

"Look good, huh? Is there anyone in particular you wanna look so good for?" she wiggled her eyebrows and smirked.

"Shut up," I blushed.

"Save the blushing for Lauren, dawg."

"I said, shut up." I chuckled and hid my face in my hands. "Seriously though, why do you keep being so inquisitive?"

"Me? inquisitive? No one's ever called me that.. I'm sorry if I come off that way, I'm being forthright, this is how I am and-"

"No," I chuckled. "It's alright, it's just, my mom has been bragging about Lauren and I being a couple ever since we've met, and this topic has become a little bit sensitive, and I get pretty upest." I explained, regret lingering in my voice. "Sorry for blowing up on you."

"Oh, boy.. no biggie, really. You should have mentioned it, though. Even though I think you're into each other, I wouldn't have brought it up so many times. Now I feel guilty.."

"No, no, no! Don't, let's just moved on." I smiled involuntarily.

"Okay," she smiled happily.

"You think we should bring something to eat?"

"Girl, I'm on 24 hour champagne diet." Dinah replied immediately, cockiness filling her voice completely.

"Wait.. is that Drake?" I realized.

"Duh," she breathed. We chuckled and left my room to finally get in the car.

~

"Ugh, thank god we took the bus." I groaned as noticed the traffic lining up along the streets of the city.

"Why?" the Polynesian girl chuckled.

"I hate driving in Miami." I confessed.

"Oh, good thing I'm never getting a driver's license. " she blurted out.

"What, why?" I asked, confused as I got up from our seat, seeing we were almost at out stop and with Dinah following my lead.

"I don't wanna drive, like ever."

"But why?"

"Girl, I still don't know where left and where right is, plus, learning all of the rules and regulations..way too unappealing."

I laughed wholeheartedly, throwing my head back. "I got ya. Anyway, let's go now."

We got closer to the familiar neighborhood and soon, we were walking on the driveway which belongs to Lauren's family. In the corner though, I caught a figure standing in the window behind a curtain. It was a girl's shadow, definitely, but it for sure wasn't Lauren. I have her body memorized completely, and I'm saying it in possibly the most innocent way.

Not that I never imagined her in a black bikini on the beach with me, with a tiny layer of some suntan cream glistening in the full sun.. anywayyy!