chapter thirty nine

SURPRISE!!!! ENJOY, SUNSHINES. (and leave a comment if you'd like. i wanna talk to you more)

Lauren's POV

Calling my dad the next day wasn't the easiest task. Of course, it wouldn't have been as easy as it was, if it hadn't been for my girlfriend, who did most of the talking. But I finally introduced Camila as my girlfriend to him, and to say he was surprised would be an understatement. I wouldn't expect anything else, considering how little involvement there is in each other's lives, coming from the both of us. I'm obviously not blaming him for the way we are and the way our relations look right now, I only blame him for ruining my family. 'Only". Yeah, right.

Camila was right when she said that the reason he kept calling was to find out whether I'm okay and If I needed anything. He tried prolonging the conversation, claiming he wants to get to know to the brunette Latina and to find out what other has changed in my life. This time it was me who answered him, and at the same time disturbed Camila, and I told him he could ask my sister, Taylor, to whom I talk regularly, and since she had all the information, I didn't want to waste his time. I hung up against Camila's will, with her trying to justify him. Okay, justify might be a wrong word, but she tried avoiding making him feel bad by ending the conversation too quickly and too abruptly. She seemed not to be able to understand that just thinking about him makes me feel bad.

Did I move on? I very well know I didn't. People often ask me this question, but what my father did, in my eyes, was unacceptable. I doubt I ever will; moving on is a tough thing to do and hell of a long process to go through. Mine is still ongoing.

I know where Camila is coming from, with her position regarding the situation with my parent. I never voiced my thoughts, neither did she, but the both of us realize it's because of her own dad. Because she will never get a chance to physically be with her father anymore, she's trying to make amends between my dad and I, and it's definitely not her place to do it. I'm being understanding, and I know the way she's feeling, because I am the exact same way with Sofi, except the fact, that Camila and her little sister are like soulmates, and my dad and I have absolutely no connection and bond.

But I'm also being appreciative, for the strength she puts into it, for everything she's been doing for me. And right after we had stopped discussing about the phone call and she had left the room when I wanted to be alone, I started thinking. The first thought was the strongest, and it was what I kept to myself, and had been keeping in mind throughout the whole time, ever since the first day the Cabellos, and especially the girl with her beautiful soul merged into my life; which is an advice from my own self and it tells me to keep Camila along with her family in my life as long and as close as possible. Because Camila definitely is a keeper.

The rest of the week flew by way too fast, school and the teachers were actually being a pain in my ass, because this shitload of homework the both of us received for our afternoons was enormous. That ended up with me not being able to visit my mom in the facility more than one more time, which I felt so sorry for. Camila, on the other hand, managed to visit her twice with Sinu. The plan for my first free day in a while, Saturday was to spend the whole day with my mom. I made sure not to sleep in, and even though I woke up quite early, Camila wasn't next to me, like she always was. And especially on a weekend, when she usually spends her whole day in bed if that's a possibility. I shrugged it off and headed to the bathroom next door. When I opened the door to our room(yes, it was our room now, not just Camila's.), I heard lively laughter coming from downstairs. I didn't think much of it, assuming it was just Sinu and her hilarious daughter, who thought of herself as a comedian, or maybe Sofi said something funny.

After freshening up, I headed to the kitchen where the voices where still audible. At the smell of bacon and eggs, my tummy growled and I speeded up, running down the stairs much faster than I usually do. I walked the hallway leading to the kitchen, from which I could get to the dining room since they were connected. I heard hushed voices and then silence as I entered the room and what I saw almost made me shit my pants from happiness.