chapter twenty seven

Lauren's POV

"So here are some blankets and pillows, I think it'll be enough." I said as I reentered the room a few minutes later.

"Thanks, Lo." Normani replied with a grateful smile.

"No problem. Where's Camila?" I asked after I scanned the room and noticed she was missing. "And Ally?"

"Mila is showering upstairs."

"And Ally downstairs." Dinah and Normani took turns in answering.

"Alright."

"So let's try and make this room sleep-workable." Leigh added.

"Yeah," I chuckled.

"Are you okay, by the way?" I heard Normani say.

"Who? Me?" I asked confused.

"Yep, what happened earlier when you and Camila went to your room?"

"Oh, that." I breathed, remembering my little breakdown. "I'm okay, yeah. I had a moment, you know."

"Not really.." the dark skinned girl trailed.

"C'mon, L. Camila won't hear you, you can tell us." Leigh supported Normani.

"Um, why do you assume I don't want Camila to know?"

"Because of what you said to me on the phone." My best friend answered vaguely and I only furrowed my eyebrows, not exactly recalling what she had meant. "You having a crush on Camila, duh."

"Leigh!" I called loudly, becoming shy and a bit mad that she was openly talking about it with the two other girls around.

"What?" she laughed. "It's not like they don't know."

"What do you mean?" I asked dumbfounded.

"Laurenza, come ooon..." Normani dragged. "You're being obvious."

"Agreed. Mila is the only person who doesn't see you drooling over her every damn possible moment you're around each other." Dinah added.

"Wha-oh god.."

"It's insanely cute, though, don't worry, Lo!" Ally's voice made me turn my head and look in her direction. She was wearing sweatpants and a loose t-shirt, and her hair was a wet mess.

"Have you been eavesdropping??" I asked in disbelief.

"Uuuh, just a little bit." She admitted and smiled innocently.

"You guys..." I added, still in shock that everyone in this room knew about my feelings for Camila, when I, myself, realized I had them and accepted them not so long ago.

"It's okay, Lauren." Dinah spoke up. "We ain't tellin' her, don't worry 'bout that."

"She'll find out soon herself, since I'm being so obvious, apparently." I said nervously.

"Yeah, you kind of are.." Ally trailed.

"Wow, thanks Allybear!" I exclaimed sarcastically.

"What if she does, though? Really," Leigh asked.

"It'll ruin what we have." I stated surely.

"How do you know it?" Normani continued.

"Maybe it'll do the opposite.." Leigh added thoughtfully.

"Mhmm, she gay as fuck." Dinah agreed.

"There's no way she's not returning those feelings, at least partionally."