chapter thirty six

Camila's POV

"And after dinner and dessert at my favorite café, we drove to a place I haven't been to before. She took me to a secluded area in the woods. At first it was just trees and nothing else around, but then she parked the car and we walked to this adorable arbor by the river. It was so soothing." I said, dreamy-eyed with my mom smiling at me with the most genuine and lovable smile I've seen in months.

"So will you admit you and Lauren are dating now, or do you want me to keep on teasing you?" my mom asked with a hint of amusement written on her face.

"Yeah, no more teasing, mother." I chuckled. "I sort of made her call me my girlfriend by the end of the date."

"You did what? I thought my daughter was a little bit more romantic than that." She laughed and I shook my head, giggling.

"But she is. That came out wrong. I made sure that moment was very romantic, mom."

"Well, good." We smiled at each other happily and she got up from the chair. "Now, can I sleep? It's 2 in the morning and you woke me up, wanting to tell me all about that wonderful date of yours."

"But wasn't it wonderful? C'mon!"

"it was, it was. But I'm getting up early tomorrow, honey. You've no idea how happy I am for you two, it was a matter of time it happened, and it finally did. But I think sleep is a good idea for both of us." She explained herself.

"Okay, yeah. You're right." I admitted, walking up the stairs with my mom by my side.

"Of course I am." She mumbled with this devil-ish smile plastered on her face.

"Was it that obvious, though?" I asked when we separated and were about to walk in to our bedrooms.

"Go to sleep, Karla. We can talk tomorrow."

"But mom-"

"Goodnight!" she called with the door almost closed behind her.

I sighed to myself, just because, and changed in my pajamas. With a growing pain in my back, I gladly jumped in the bed, under the covers and searched for my phone, that I threw somewhere before. When I found it, I quickly opened the messaging app and tapped on the number of the person I could call my girlfriend now.

"thanks for tonight, Laur. It was something I never dreamed of, it felt like heaven. I can't wait to see you again, goodnight. <3"

I typed with a grin covering half of my face and fell asleep with a peaceful mind and a heart filled with nothing but love.

~

My bladder was so full when I woke up, that I ran to the bathroom with my eyes closed, almost tripping over Sofi playing in the hallway.

"Hey Kaki-" I heard her soft but muffled by the closed door voice.

"Gimme a second, Sof!" I called back to her, with my eyes still closed, but now for an entirely different reason, which was feeling relief.

After my morning routine that I took care of immediately, I prepared breakfast for me and my little sister. Because our mom wasn't home, we took advantage of her absence and acted against her rules. We ate in the living room on the couch, watching morning cartoons.

I didn't realize how much time had passed, but not enough for our mom to come back from wherever she was. I knew that, she mentioned she'd be back quite late, around dinner time. And that's why I was surprised to hear knocking on the front door.