chapter twenty six

Camila's POV

"Let's play Spin the Bottle now!!" Normani exclaimed once the movie credits finished rolling down the TV screen. We watched Would You Rather and I have no idea, why I even agreed to this. Probably for Brittany Snow. I mean, obviously, and I'm pretty sure she was the only reason, I'm certain now. But yeah, this movie is fucked up, to say the least.

"The movie ended pretty roughly, I think a game would be fun. Mani's right, I'm up!" Ally spoke up.

"'Pretty roughly', huh?" I asked ironically. "You gasped the loudest, at almost every thing happening on the screen, might I add. And you say it ended pretty roughly.." I added with a smirk.

"The girl just really felt it, y'know." Dinah added.

"Exaclty! Thanks Di," Ally said appreciatively.

"Okay chicks, let's play!" Leigh spoke up and I averted my eyes on her.

Wait, they were serious about the game...

"G-guys," I murmured under my breath. It was too quiet for anyone to hear, apparently.

Normani sort of had to drag Lauren who was still on the couch, they moved hesitantly to the carpet, where Leigh was already waiting with Ally.

"Walz?" Dinah called.

"I-I'm not playing." I stuttered.

"Whyyy?" my Polynesian friend pouted.

"C'mon, Mila." Normani chimed it. "How about some 1D? it makes your lips so kissableee!!!" she sang easily.

"Nah, um, you guys play, I'll just-I'll watch or something." I defended myself nervously.

"It won't be the same without you, though." Leigh spoke up. I averted my eyes to Lauren and internally screamed for help. She was frowning slightly, gazing out the window.

Well, I ain't getting no help from this one, ugh.

I played with my fingers nervously as everyone, except Lauren, looked at me expectantly. Suddenly, she turned around and smiled delicately at me for a second. Then she turned to the other girls, already sitting in a circle.

"If she doesn't want to play, don't force her, guys." The green-eyed girl said quietly.

"Do you want to play?" Ally asked her.

"Not really, I-" she started.

"Do I hear correctly? Lauren Jauregui doesn't want to play?" Leigh stopped her, surprised.

"Uh, no, I-" she tried again.

"I didn't see you saying no at the parties we'd gone to," Leigh continued and I heard Lauren sigh angrily.

Oh no, she can't lose her temper, not when things have been going so well recently.

"That was last year, Leigh!" she stressed the two words. "Alright, I've been to a couple of parties and let myself loose, but that was months ago. I'm not that girl anymore, if you haven't noticed." She answered harshly.

"Okay guys, we just won't play, alright?" Ally spoke up, meaning the best for everyone in the room and wanting to soothe the atmosphere.

"It's fine, Ally." The traveler assured the girl as she got up and started coming up to her best friend. "Lauren, I'm sorry I pushed it this far. It's okay," she half-whispered as she put her arms around her body and pulled her in for a hug. Lauren reciprocated it with a faint smile on her face. I glimpsed her whisper something to her ear, but couldn't hear what. Not like it was by business anyway.