chapter twenty two

Camila's POV

"Okay, fasten your seatbelt and we're good to go." I reminded my sister who was in her car seat.

"All done!" she exclaimed.

"Alright then," I added smiling at her in the rear view.

"Can you play my song?" she asked after I'd started the vehicle.

"No problem, pumpkin." I replied as I played one of the many playlists on my iPod and skipped every song until I found the one I was looking for aka Zero to Hero from Hercules. When I did find it, the little girl's excited voice sounded in the car, she started dancing as much as the seatbelt let her for and sang softly to herself. I smiled happily and focused fully on the road. My destination was the movie theater and I tried to remember what movies they played that day. My memory failed me since I didn't remember even one title. I was hoping for a good Disney movie, but who knows.

When I pulled in the parking lot, Sofi spoke up again. "What is this place? I've never been here before."

"You'll see in a minute," I replied.

"Alright.." she mumbled under her breath. "But Mila! You never told me that second thing."

"What second thing, Sof?"

"In my room when we were talking, you said 'I'll tell you two things'. And you only told me about one. About Daddy being around." she explained patiently.

"I did, didn't I?" I added while I was getting her out of her car seat.

"Well, you assumed you think we're unhappy, yeah?" I started.

"I think so, yep."

"Well, you told me you're not unhappy, right?"

"Right, I'm sad sometimes, when I miss him. But I feel better after what you told me."

"See? The same is with me and Mommy. We're not unhappy anymore, maybe we used to be. I used to be unhappy."

"That day in the bathroom, were you unhappy?" she asked suddenly.

"Yes, Sofi. I felt really, really unhappy that day." I answered calmly, remembering my dad's death first anniversary. "But you said yourself, you noticed we're all better..happier."

"Yes, that's true. Mommy seems happy, too! right?"she asked joyfully.

"Right," I finished smiling. "Give me a hug now, sis." I added opening my arms.

She accepted the embrace and we held onto each other tightly.

"Let's go, little one." I said as we separated.

"Let's go, my happy sister." she responded adorably and I couldn't stop wide green forming on my face as we we're entering the familiar building.

"Well look who decided to bestow us with their presence!" I heard the olive skinned girl say even before the door closed.

"Hii.." I greeted her shyly. "Sofi, this is Dinah Jane," I started, pointing at the tall girl. "And Dinah, this is my sister Sofia."

"Hey there, princess! Feelin' good today or nah?" Dinah asked kneeling in front of the little one.

"Hi.." the little girl said probably as shyly as I did seconds ago.

"Why y'all so shy suddenly? C'mon!" the girl exclaimed. The both of us chuckled and after that, all of us made our way towards the counter where Dinah was supposed to stand all the time, I guessed.