chapter thirty eight

HI!!!!! i didn't proofread it lol sorry

Camila's POV

In the midst of my peaceful slumber in the arms of my girlfriend on a casual Wednesday morning, an irritating buzzing and ringtone put me on edge. My guess is, Lauren heard it, too, and it earned a reaction from her. Obviously, she got more annoyed than I did.

"Camz," she whined into the pillow. "Your goddamn phone."

"It's yours, Laur. Who would call me at that time?" I mumbled in her sprawled hair.

"Ughhh," she groaned and untangled her limbs from mine and reached for the mobile device.

She rejected the call and came back to me, kissing me on the forehead in the process of lying down.

"You're not going to get that?" I asked secretively, knowing straight from the beginning who the caller was. I had been trying to get her to answer the call ever since Sunday, but I couldn't seem to get to her that easily.

"No, thanks." She answered sarcastically.

When the thing occurred one more time after not more than 2 minutes, we both groaned, not being able to get enough sleep before a school day started.

"I'm done." She stated and nervously turned the phone off.

I was kind of happy she did, meaning I could cuddle with her in peace a bit more, knowing I wouldn't get back to sleep anymore, but I was also not so happy about the fact, that she was completely ignoring the constant and urgent calls.

"Take it easy, love. Come cuddle for now, we'll get angrier about it when the time is right." I tried calming her down, already feeling her heart rate speed up.

"Now you're talking." She sighed deeply with an idyllic smile painted on her beautiful face, snuggling up closer.

~

We were already more than halfway done with classes for the day, and thank god for that, because unfortunately we didn't get as much sleep as we'd like to, and while we were sitting under a tree, both of us with sheets of paper and books sprawled on the lawn, our free period was coming to an end.

The irritating ringtone sounded again from Lauren's backpack and I couldn't help myself, but groan and look specifically at the girl, who was acting like there was nothing wrong.

"Will you finally answer it, Lauren?" I asked, frustrated with her behavior.

"I don't feel like it." She replied nonchalantly, pretending she was focusing on her world geography book.

"Alright...will you at least visit your mom today?" I asked again.

"I'll see, I have an important geography test tomorrow, I should study in the afternoon." the raven-haired girl answered, ignoring another of her obligations.

"You mean the test which you've been studying for for the last three days, and it's not even that hard. That's just revising stuff from the previous year. You should go-" I didn't get to finish since the phone rang again and I lost it.

"Don't you get it yet? He won't stop calling unless you fucking talk to him!" I let out and instantly regretted the way I tried to handle the situation.

"Will you back off, Camila?" the brunette asked harshly." It's my fucking life. Don't you dare tell me what to do with it, especially with the man I'm forced to call my father. He can call all he wants, and I'll only answer if it's necessary." She yelled out and her chest heaved up and down in frustration. "All I need to know about, I know from Mrs. Wilson. And about my mom.. it's not as fucking easy as you think, alright? I can't just go in there and talk to her, pretending like everything's perfectly normal, I just can't do this anymore, those times are over."