chapter thirty three

a/n guys, i appreciate every comment and this way i don't feel like i'm alone in this, so if you have some time to spare, feel free to share your opinions c: enjoy! 

Lauren's POV

I pulled the key out of the ignition and fished my phone out of my bag. The device was hard to find within all of the books and notebooks and random sheets of paper. Funny how my schoolbag was already a mess and it was just the first day. When I did feel the device with my fingers amongst the other things, I sent a quick message to my favorite brunette, saying I was waiting for her.

I was looking at the door, anticipating Camila. I bounced my leg up and now, excited to introduce the girl to her new environment in which I felt so comfortable. I didn't really realize how much more fun going to school would be for me, until now. The corners of my lips lifted in an involuntary smile.

The two rows of my teeth were revealed even more when I spotted dirty black Chuck Taylors sticking out of the household. Soon, the familiar figure made its way to the driveway, where I parked my car. With her messy hair bouncing freely to the rhythm of her pace, her high-waisted denim jeans and a baby pink long sleeved crop top, Camila looked naturally beautiful. What I noticed only when she got in the passenger seat, was a cup which contained a steaming liquid.

"Hi," the Latina grunted quietly.

"Hey?" I breathed and chuckled after, looking at her questioningly.

"What?" she asked, turning her head to the left, looking incredibly miserable.

"You know, we could always stop by a café and get you coffee, you didn't have to bring it with you." I trailed with a wide grin on my face.

"What are you even ta-oh, my God." She stopped herself from asking me the question that formed in her head after she'd realized what I was talking about. "Yeah, never mind."

"What happened? Weren't you nearly as excited as me about the first day?" I asked curiously, questioning the -lazy and tired, and oblivious to some facts - attitude.

"Oh yeah, I'm still super excited!" she exclaimed with a lazy smile on her tan face.

"Okay," I giggled. "Well, then..why are you so tired? It wasn't very late when you sent me your message."

"To be honest, I'm not sure myself. I guess my sleeping patterns aren't entirely back to normal yet." she shrugged her shoulders.

"Alright," I murmured. "Well, let's go. we still need to get your schedule and your locker combination."

"I'm nervous, Laur." She suddenly mumbled.

"Aw Camz, it's okay." I started and put my hand on her thigh, stroking it delicately. "I promise you, this school is the ideal place for new students. Everyone's really welcoming and helpful. The teachers aren't too hard on you unless you get on their bad side, but that doesn't have to concern you, you're like an angel." I cackled, not wanting to sound too serious or obvious (ha, too late, Lauren). "If it'll make you feel better, I'll try to get you a locker close to mine, hm?" I smiled encouragingly.

"You could do that?" she asked quietly and slowly looking up.

"I'll see what I can do." I nodded my head when Camila finally revealed her brown orbs from the long eyelashes. I winked, too, to enlighten the mood a little bit.

"You're the best," she whispered and took my hand in hers, squeezing it tightly.

"I know," I answered nonchalantly, throwing my hair over my shoulder. "So, wanna tell me about the thing with Dinah yesterday? What were you two so busy with?" I asked merrily, not realizing how tough the topic actually was.