chapter thirty one

a/n question: do you prefer reading from Camila or Lauren's POV?

Lauren's POV

The previous evening in Tampa was spent quite calmly; we didn't do anything too crazy, Ally called a cab to drive us to the city center. When we had got there, we walked around for a bit, enjoying our company and sharing our excitement.

As expected, the time spent with the other three girls was filled with constant suggestive comments, looks, smirks etc., regarding my feelings for Camila and supposed Camila's feelings for me. I could easily tell the young Latina was becoming more fed up with all of this with each little thing one of our friends did. I did my best to stop, or at least lessen the frequency of their actions. What did I get in response? Reinforced comments, looks and smirks, obviously. It's almost as if Camila's anger and my pleading boosted the fun of it for the girls.

It was a little bit past 9AM when I woke up. Camila was still fast asleep, cuddled up to my side, gripping my t-shirt in her slumber, which I found endearing. Her even and soft exhales and inhales put me into a relaxation mode and I just lay next to the small brunette, not worrying about a thing.

Our friends the next door were still sleeping, as I assumed, which meant there was no rush to get up. We did have big plans for the day, but none of our parents had to know what time exactly we would get to our motel rooms this night. Ally was the oldest one, which gave her the right to decide about the most important decisions. And knowing everyone likes a little adventure from time to time, even her, we were counting on the girl to make the right decisions for us, if you know what I mean.

The brown eyed beauty started to stir and she inhaled deeply, putting the arm that was draped around my waist in the air, and stretching. I looked down and saw a little frown on her face. She opened her eyes lazily and squinted them when a ray of sunshine landed on the exact spot.

I smiled involuntarily and brushed her hair out of her face, revealing all of her natural beauty.

"Morning, sleeping beauty." I whispered and kissed her on the temple right after.

"Mmm," she hummed in response, cracking a smile in return. "Morning," she said with her hoarse voice, blinking her eyes quickly, getting rid of the sleep completely and looked deeply in mine.

"Any dreams you'd like to share with me?" I asked, knowing exactly how crazy some of them could get.

"You know what? I actually don't remember any," she pouted, snuggling up to my side again. I draped my numb and caged arm around my back again, pulling her in closer.

"That's okay, babe. Maybe you'll remember later." I cheered the girl up and made signs of infinity on the uncovered skin of her hip.

Nope, we definitely didn't act like a couple. Not at all. Y'all are delusional.

The heck, I don't even say y'all, what's going on with me?

"Maybe. I hope you slept enough, early bird. Today's gonna be a looong day." She mumbled in my neck which sent chills down my spine.

I chuckled and nodded my head. "The girls are still asleep, they'll have enough energy to keep up with you." I commented humorously.

"But it won't be the same, I want you to keep up with me." she replied cutely in a baby voice.

Way. Too. Adorable

"Okay, cutie. Go shower and I'll wake the girls." I suggested, tapping her back with my hand, gesturing for her to get up.