chapter thirty two

Camila's POV

"Hey China, it's me. Again." I took a deep breath and bit my lip nervously. "Please, call me back. I'm worried." I ended the call with yet another voicemail left for Dinah.

I'd been trying to reach her for hours, ever since I woke up, because something was telling me things weren't right. Not exactly. I just had this gut feeling and apparently you're never supposed to ignore it.

So, I didn't. What did I receive? Unseen messages and unanswered calls. It drove me nuts. I was sickly worried about my friend to whom I've grown real close.

Last night, when she got out of the car, I sensed something was wrong almost instantly. I couldn't bring myself to simply leave it and keep on ignoring it, and maybe wait for Dinah to come around, because that's just not who I am. I worry. I get worried. A lot. All the time.

And I can't change that.

Lauren had been trying to calm me down ever since I woke up, it worked for a bit, but nothing could lessen the intensity of my love for Dinah, which leads to me constantly thinking about her.

"Kaki?" a small voice caught my attention and I turned my head in the direction of the slightly cracked door, smiling to myself at the thought of my little sister.

"Yes, Sof?"

"Do you wanna do puzzles with me?" she opened the door wider, holding a box of puzzles in one hand.

"Of course, did you get my favorite?" I asked, filling my voice with love for the little human being, forgetting about my worries from earlier.

"Yeah!" she smiled widely and walked up to me. She put the box on the table and stopped by the chair that I sat on. I stroked her back gently and kissed her on the forehead.

"Are you feeling good, boo?"

"I am," she nodded. "are you, Kaki? You seem sad."

"I'm good, don't worry." I assured the girl.

"Then what is up?" she kept on.

"It's my friend. I think something bad happened, but she keeps everything to herself." I explained as easily as possible.

"Well, maybe she's scared." Sofia replied thoughtfully.

"Scared? What do you mean?" I continued.

"Maybe someone told her she cannot tell anyone about it, even her friend." She added. "Or maybe she's just not ready." She shrugged her shoulders like it was no problem.

"You're right," I breathed seriously.

"If she is a real friend, she will tell you soon. I bet she can't keep a secret for too long." my sister giggled and I joined her, agreeing on her words. She didn't realize how right she was and I couldn't get over how smart and wise a 6 year old girl could get.

With that said, we threw every piece of the puzzles on the ground and started the process of creating the picture. Soon enough, I could make out the shape of Pooh, along with Piglet, Eeyore and Tigger sitting by the river and a bridge.

I looove Winnie the Pooh.

I love Disney, though, so that's explainable.

The afternoon was spent with my sister, we caught up on each of our lives, she told me stories that happened to her over the course of my absence, and I listened intently to every word that left her mouth, because stories portrayed by my little sister are the best stories the world will ever get the privilege to hear. We continued on playing board games and spent some time in the garden.