Chapter Two

I slowly open my eyes, rubbing them and stretching. Everything around me is spinning. I feel dizzy. When my vision clears up, I look at the room around me. The pale green walls and furniture don't look familiar. I barely remember what happened last night, so I probably slept with some guy. This is actually the first time that's happened.

I roll out of bed, grunting. I crawl over to a suitcase that looks like mine. Although, inside it has clothes, toiletries, a wallet with money, as well as some other essentials that don't look like mine. In fact, they look very seventies. I dig through the piles of clothes and find a wadded piece of paper. I open it up. It reads, "Welcome to the past. This is where you live now."

What the hell?

I shake my head and throw the note on the ground, stumbling out of the bedroom. I walk down a hallway and find myself in an unfamiliar kitchen, which also has very seventies-style decor. Is this a joke?

I hear talking coming from another room. I turn around and follow the sound. I see four men. Four men who I can't mistake for anyone else but Queen in an era somewhere around 1976. My eyes widen, and I stare at them in awe. They look so young. Freddie Mercury is alive. What's going on?

They seem to notice I'm standing there watching them.

"Alright, who does she belong to?" Freddie shouts, dramatically sighing and briefly throwing his hands in the air.

"Not mine," the three men who I recognize as Roger Taylor, Brian May, and John Deacon announce in nearly perfect unison.

"I-I..." I can barely speak in their presence. "I didn't sleep with anybody here. I d-don't even know how I got here."

"What do you mean, darling?" asks Freddie. He gets up and walks over to me.

"I don't know... I don't understand..."

"I'm sorry. We'll figure out how you got here and how to get you home. Do you need anything?"

"N-no thanks," I stutter.

"I'm Freddie, by the way."

"Are you kidding?" I pipe up excitedly. "I know who you are! I know who all of you are! You're Queen! My favorite band!" I see Brian blush a little bit behind Freddie.

"We're your favorite band?" Brian says, his eyes lighting up.

"Well, yeah!" I reply. "I'm Roxanne and I love you guys, I have all your records."

"I don't want her to leave us now," Roger whines, giving me a smirk.

John gives me a shy smile and goes back to reading a magazine he has in his hands.

"The thing is, I don't know if I can leave you," I try to explain. "This might sound weird, but I'm from 2015."

They all look at me like I'm insane.

"2015?" Freddie scoffs. "I think you're a little bit confused, dear."

"No, I'm not. Last night I was in 2015 in my bedroom in America. This morning I woke up in 1976 in a bedroom I've never seen in England!" I get blank stares from the band members. "I can prove it. Follow me."

I lead them into what I am told is the guest bedroom and show them the note in the suitcase. I also explain that none of the things in my suitcase belong to me. I tell them about where I lived before, my musicals, my friends, my favorite bars and clubs. They finally somewhat believe me once I'm nearly on the verge of tears.

"Don't worry, love. You're more than welcome to stay here," Brian assures me, putting a sympathetic hand on my shoulder.

Freddie's facial expression lights up. "Really? Can we keep her?"

The boys look at each other. Finally, Roger speaks up, his blue eyes on me and Freddie. "She's not a cat, Fred. But of course Roxanne can stay with us. I already know we're gonna enjoy her."

Freddie cheers happily, then turns to me. "Also dear, you're going to need more clothes than what was left for you. Why don't I take you shopping first thing tomorrow?" he offers. I nod as I wipe a tear from my eye.

As the four of them start to get up, Brian brushes his dark curls out of his face and adds, "Are you sure you don't need anything?"

"Um, where's the bathroom?" I ask, embarrassed. But I have to shower. I can't help it.

He smiles at me and motions for me to follow him. I grab my toiletries and some clothes before I follow him into the bathroom. He hands me a clean towel and shows me where everything is.

"Thank you, Brian," I mumble shyly. Before he leaves me to freshen up, I grab his arm and pull him into a hug, crying silently. "Thank you for believing me and giving me a place to stay. Thank you so much. Tell everyone that."

"I will," he whispers as we pull out of the hug and he shuts the door behind me.

As I shower, I realize I've opened up to Queen way more than I usually open up to people. I've never shown off my soft side like that before. I hope they will take me seriously and treat me like their friend. Who am I kidding, though? I'm already their friend. I'm gonna have a great new life.