Chapter Eighteen

I don't want to go back to my room since it's next to Brian's and I don't want to stay in John's room since he probably will need it, so I walk down the hall to Roger's.

I knock and he tells me to come in. He sees my tear-stained face and pouts, concerned.

"What's wrong?" he asks, inviting me to sit down.

"Everything." I begin to cry again as he takes me into his arms.

"To be honest, I, um... heard everything," he admits. "So Brian overheard?"

"Yes, and I feel horrible," I say. "I think he's really upset."

"Of course he is! He really loves you."

"Oh, don't bring that up again!" I sob.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," he says, hugging me tighter. "But just so you know, there will probably be some arguments between me and Brian."

"I don't want to think about that."

"Okay, then let's get you thinking about something else."

He leans in and kisses me, and I return the kiss. We continue for a very long time, and I feel his soft, cold hands slide up my thigh, fumbling with the button on my jeans. "Are you ready for this?" he questions, his lips pressed against my ear.

"Depends, will you be protected?" I tease, half-smiling.

"Of course."

"Then hell yeah."

At that, we get under the covers and experience each other in a whole new way.

***

"How was that?" asks Roger, breathing heavily as he lays on his back, his arm around me.

"Whoa," I answer.

"Is that a good thing?"

"Yeah," I sigh, leaning into him. "That's the only way I can describe it... whoa."

He grins, obviously proud of himself.

"I'm gonna get dressed," I tell him.

"Okay."

I crawl out of bed, fix my hair, and put my clothes back on. I see Roger do the same.

"Your hair is a mess, you know," I say, laughing at his blonde locks sticking up all over the place.

"Shut up." He smiles.

As we leave his bedroom, I tell him, "Thank you for that. That definitely kept my mind off the fact that Brian is probably still pouting in his room."

"No problem."

Freddie is across the hall, trying to contain his laughs when he sees us.

"Oh god, Freddie, did you hear us?" I groan.

"Yes," he responds, then bursts out laughing, going downstairs with us.

"Jesus, mind your own business next time, will you?" Roger says to him. He gets more laughter in response.

We sit in the living room and talk for a while. I know that they just want to keep my mind off of how Brian is feeling right now.

I offer to make dinner after about a half hour of talking, and they let me. I search the fridge and find something to make.

While everyone else has steak, I knock on Brian's door with salad. He refuses to come to the door.

"Come on, Bri. You have to eat," I say.

"I'm not in the mood," he groans.

"Oh well." I open his door to find him laying on his bed above the covers, staring at the ceiling. "You look so pitiful. Can I please just give you this?"

"Fine." He sits up and takes the salad. "Thank you."

"You can't be upset forever," I tell him. I kiss him on the cheek then join Freddie, Roger, and John at the dining room table for dinner.