Chapter Twenty-One

**ROXANNE'S POV**

"Rox," says Brian after a couple days, "I'm really sorry for the way I was acting. If you love Roger, then I shouldn't be standing in your way. Roger is my best friend and I hate it when we fight. I hate it when you and I fight, too."

I smile. "It's okay. I'm glad you've finally calmed down."

I've had a very stressful couple days. The Kensington Market has been very crowded, so I've had a ton of work to do. I'm glad I came home to such a relieving thing to hear.

We hug, then he goes to find Roger and apologize to him. I follow. We find him outside with John, talking and giggling like little girls. We very calmly pull him aside, and as Brian apologizes, Roger sighs, relieved just as I was. The two of them awkwardly hug, then I decide to stay outside with them.

"What was that all about?" asks John, lighting a cigarette as he leans against the side of the house.

"Brian apologized for being a baby about our breakup," I explain.

"Oh. Well I'm glad he finally came around. It's good to see him happy again."

"Me too," Roger adds, wrapping his arm around me before he continues to have silly, light conversations with John.

After a good twenty minutes, we go inside and have something to eat. We come in at the exact same time Freddie waltzes in, drawing attention to himself without hardly even trying.

"I've decided I'm not going to think about dying anymore," he announces, facing me. "If I die, who cares? I don't."

That makes me grin as I recall him saying that statement in one of his final interviews.

John, Roger, and Brian exchange confused looks.

"Well I'm glad it doesn't bother you anymore," I tell him, laughing at the boys' blank expressions. "If you ever have another question, talk to me."

"I won't," he assures me, getting a drink and plopping down on an armchair.

"What?" asks Roger.

"Nothing. Don't worry about it."

I sit next to him, kissing his cheek as we make room for John, who sits on the other side of me.

"Um, actually," Freddie starts, "I have to go. Bye darlings!" He frantically gets up, calls his driver, and waits outside, soon leaving.

I bet he's starting to go to gay bars. The boys seem to silently assume that too. We all think nothing of it, though. We know Freddie is a very secretive guy.

"Hey, Rox?" Roger says.

"Yes?"

"Would you like to hear how 'Drowse' is coming along? We fixed it up a bit. I can play it for you."

"I'd love to," I tell him, grinning as he takes me by the hand and leads me to his room. Brian and John go their separate ways as well.

He picks up a guitar and goes through the whole song for me. I love his high, raspy voice. I can't even hit some of the notes he can. His vocal range really impresses me. It's just one of the things I love about him.

"How was that?" he questions while he places his guitar beside him.

"It was fabulous! I love it."

"Good."

We kiss, leading into a celebratory lovemaking session. Celebratory not only because the song sounded wonderful, but also because almost everything is happy again. Roger and Brian aren't fighting anymore, Brian apologized, and Freddie has decided to not think of his death. Although we still have some way to go before absolutely everything is back to normal, we've had a damn good start.