Chapter Twenty-Six

**ROXANNE'S POV**

It rains. Hard.

I wake up to the aggressive pitter-patter of the raindrops knocking against the window, each one a little bomb exploding when it hits the glass. It's been such a nice week. This weather is going to piss me off. I guess we're going to be stuck in the house today.

"Roger," I groan. "Wake up."

I shake him gently, then when he doesn't budge, I shake him harder until he stirs.

"What?" he says, clearing his throat to make his voice less scratchy.

"It's raining."

"I hear it. We don't have plans anyway. Enjoy sleeping in, Rox."

"But it's too loud to sleep."

"I understand you're grumpy, and I'm a little grumpy myself. Don't frustrate me," he mumbles. "Just try to sleep, please."

I huff and roll over so I'm against his warm figure. I press my face against his shoulder to mute the sound of the violent rain.

I don't go back to sleep. Instead, Freddie creeps into the room, treading lightly to get to us. From the corner of my eye I can see him smile at us.

"Are you two awake?" he whispers.

"Yes," I say.

"Great, can you help me with something?"

"Ugggggghhhh."

I drag myself out of bed, shivering from the lack of blankets on top of me. I follow Freddie out the door after kissing Roger, who begins to drift back off to sleep.

Freddie is too hyper for a disgusting morning. He waltzes downstairs and plops onto the couch. He motions for me to sit. I do.

"So, you must know that Brian and Jane are planning on going on a date together, yes?" he says.

"Yes."

"They were planning on going out today."

"Yep, I know."

"What are they going to do now that it's such a shitty day? They're adorable together and I don't want their first date to be ruined."

"Jesus, Fred, you woke me up for that? They can figure it out for themselves. Damn," I whine. I get up and begin to walk away, but Freddie tugs on my arm and pulls me back down.

"Don't be bitchy, darling," he warns, annoyed. "These are your friends. And they both are quite shy, I'm just worried they're not going to find something else to do, you know?"

"Let's leave it up to them."

At that, Jane stomps into the room, causing the wooden floor to slightly shake.

"Have you seen it outside?" she practically shouts. "It's horrible! I was really looking forward to our date, but now it's ruined."

She sits down beside me and buries her face in her hands. I put my hand on her back and say, "I know. I'm sorry. Maybe you can find something to do inside."

"I guess."

**JANE'S POV**

My day is ruined. I really, really, really like Brian, and we're both so shy, I just don't know if we'd have the courage to schedule another date after this.

Brian's door creaks open. I hear his light footsteps coming toward me and his soft voice calling, "Jane?"

I get up and shyly respond, "Hi, Brian."

"Did you see what it looks like outside? It's terrible, absolutely terrible! What are we going to do, love?" he asks.

"Oh, I don't know. We could, um..."

"Come on then, let's go figure it out."

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"Oh, my bedroom."

I blush, and he does too. He immediately shakes his head and nervously rephrases, "Not like that, haha. Just so we have some privacy to think about it."

He leads me to his room, and I look around, smiling, feeling very timid, as I am in the same room where Brian May sleeps.

I run over to his gigantic record collection, feeling the worn cardboard of the covers on my fingertips.

"You've got quite the collection here," I observe.

He chuckles. "Yes, I do. I love music."

I go through the sea of records. "This is a lot of Hendrix, isn't it?," I say, thinking out loud.

"Of course, because he's great. One of my many inspirations."

I nod in acknowledgement, then change the subject. "So, about the date-"

"Right! Sorry. The date." He puts his hand to his chin, trying to think of what we could do on this disgusting day. I take note of how his eyebrows crinkle together when he is deep in thought, and how his eyes narrow.

He's so cute. Sexy, even. I can't believe I'm thinking about that, though; I'm not one to swoon over men. But Brian is... different. He's an exception. I adore him, and he seems to noticeably like me too.

"How about," he says, "Dinner tonight? I know it will be a while, but what other options do we have?"

Suddenly, I get a great idea. Thinking of indoor activities I enjoyed doing back in 2015, playing Scrabble crosses my mind. As I think of Scrabble, it makes me realize that Scrabble is one of Queen's favorite games to play.

"I have another option. I challenge you to a Scrabble war," I tell him, pointing at him and grinning. He raises his eyebrows.

"Oh, really?"

"Yep."

"Alright, then." He shrugs and adds, "But you must know that I am the Scrabble master. It's very hard to beat me."

"I was pretty good, too, mind you," I say.

"It's on, then."