Chapter Four

Roger and I carry on with many different conversations. Brian notices us talking and pulls Roger into the hallway. I try to listen in on what they're saying.

"Rog, what the hell were you doing?"

"Talking to Roxanne. You said yourself she's a lovely person, so why can't I talk to her?"

I see Brian's frustrated face turn into a frown. "You... You heard that?"

"I did. Don't steal her from me!" Roger shouts angrily to Brian.

"Jesus! I was just talking to her. Why do you have to be so defensive?" I hear him reply, his voice slightly raising while his big, curly hair rapidly shakes back and fourth.

While they bicker and yell at one another, I tap John on the shoulder.

"Should we do something?" I question and nod my head toward the arguing guitarist and drummer in the hallway.

"No, no. They always do this. They'll work it out, love." He smiles timidly at me.

"Oh well. I'm gonna go talk to them anyway." I get up and quietly walk over to them.

They seem startled. Both their cheeks turn pink. They exchange looks of guilt and embarrassment.

"You didn't hear any of that, did you?" says Roger.

I giggle before admitting, "I heard every bit of it."

"Oh, god," Brian and Roger whisper in unison.

"Listen, guys. It's fine," I assure them. "You don't have to be embarrassed. This will stay between us. I won't tell anyone." I go back to my spot on the couch.

A while goes by, and then Brian shyly taps me on the shoulder and whispers, "May I talk to you about something?"

"Yes," I reply.

He looks around nonchalantly before continuing. "I don't think Roger actually fancies you," he tells me.

"Huh?"

"Since you admire Queen so much, I'm sure you already know he's a big flirt. I think he just wants to have sex with you. You're attractive, kind, and a huge fan of him, so that might make you come off as easy. Please be careful, love."

"Uh, okay," I say, rolling my eyes. "That's happened to me before. Nothing I can't handle." I know he just wants me for himself, but I play along anyway.

It's sweet that he likes me so much, but it also hurts me. I can't choose between the two of them! Whoever I don't go out with will be hurt. Oh well. It's not like I have to choose right now, do I? It's my first day living with Queen. I'll just have to treat them all equally, as friends. Which isn't hard.