Chapter Thirteen

When I leave the room, Roger is sitting on the couch in a manner that hints he's been waiting for me.

"Hey Rog?" I say quietly.

"Yeah?"

My face flushes, and I know what I'll tell him will probably crush him. I bet he'll end up going to the bar alone and drinking the memories of my rain check away. "I... I just told Brian I'd stay here with him tonight," I say shakily.

"What?"

"I'm sorry, Rog."

"Roxanne..."

"I can't keep doing this," I mutter to myself. Roger hears me and looks at me, confused.

"Doing what, love?"

"Constantly blowing off you and Brian," I explain. "I care about you guys and I hate seeing you get hurt."

We sit in silence for a few minutes, then again I pipe up, "Maybe I'll tell Brian since you asked me first I'll go with you."

"You don't have to do that."

"I do have to do that!"

I kiss his cheek lightly then go back to Brian's room. His door is open as he buttons up his shirt halfway and gets ready to leave. We bump into each other in the hallway, laughing it off.

"Sorry about that, Rox," he says, still smiling a little bit.

"It's fine."

"Did you... did you want to tell me something?" he asks more seriously.

"Yes, actually."

"What is it?"

"Never mind!" I squeak as I run away, too anxious to tell him about the change of plans.

Brian grabs my arm before I can get too far. "You can tell me anything," he tells me in a hushed voice. "Talk to me."

My face turns ten different colors, and I can't think straight. It will hurt me more than it hurts him I think, just because it's hard for me to get this attached to someone then have to give them bad news.

"Not to be rude, but I have to go soon," he informs me.

"O-okay," I say, "then I guess I'll tell you."

"Alright, go ahead."

"Since Roger asked me out tonight first, I told him I'd go with him." Brian frowns. "Bri, I love our dates but I haven't really done much with him yet. I'd like to at least give him a chance."

"Oh," he sighs, turning to walk away.

"Wait!" I shout. He stops and spins around to face me. "I'd like to give you something."

Without thinking, I wrap my arms around his slender figure, pull him close to me, and slowly press my lips onto his. He looks a mixture of confused and scared with just a hint of relieved. Soon, he closes his eyes and gently kisses me back, his hands on my back. I run my fingers through his mess of curls as I kiss him for a little while longer. Soon, I break the kiss.

"Was that okay?" I ask.

"Um," he says, "y-yeah, I guess."

"Good."

As I walk away, I can see him grin a little from the corner of my eye. He follows me to the front door. The rest of Queen prepare to leave and then shuffle out the door, saying goodbye to me as they go.

I don't know if I made a mistake letting him down and then kissing him, but I think it was a good mistake. I needed some way to figure out how I feel about him. That was a good way to, but I have mixed feelings at the moment. I need to know about my feelings for him soon or someone will be hurt.