Chapter Twenty-Four

**ROXANNE'S POV**

After moving most of my belongings into Roger's room, I put on my pajamas and hesitantly crawl into bed.

"Why are you being so resistant, babe?" asks Roger as he pulls his shirt off and joins me. "We've done things much more intimate than fall asleep in this bed." He smirks.

"I-I don't know. It's just a very big step for us. Not that sex wasn't, of course, but now we not only share a house, but a bed."

"I just don't understand," he huffs.

"Look, let's not fight. I've had a great day. I got to see my best friend for the first time in months. Please don't spoil this," I say.

"Okay."

"Good."

He changes the subject. "You know, I really enjoyed meeting Jane. She reminds me of Bri. He was telling me how much he liked her. He said she was very beautiful and easy to talk to."

"Really? Because Jane said she was kind of into him as well. We'll have to set them up. It would be good for both of them, I think."

"Absolutely."

"Well, goodnight," I whisper.

"Goodnight. I... love you."

Even though we both have said those three words before, this time I can tell he means it. It's clear. The way he says it is so honest, so natural.

"I love you too," I respond.

We kiss.

Even though it's just a lingering peck, this kiss feels more meaningful than any kiss we've shared before. It's fascinating how just a lock of lips can speak a thousand words.

As he falls asleep, he protectively wraps his arms around me, making me smile to myself.

Good night indeed.

**JANE'S POV**

I wake up to the sound of Rox calling for me. I sit up, get out of bed, and stumble out of my room.

"What's up?" I say.

"Do you want me to tell my boss about you at work? Maybe you'll get an interview."

"Sure, that would be great."

"Morning, darling!" Freddie greets me cheerily.

"Good morning."

"We don't have to record today. Would you like to do something with us while Roxanne is working?"

"Alright."

Wow, I guess everyone really liked me!

Brian hears my voice and pops his head out of his bedroom door.

"Oh, hello, Jane," he says. He opens the door and walks over to me.

"Hi, Brian," I reply. "Freddie just said you all aren't recording today and you'll do something with me."

"Of course. We wouldn't want you to be bored."

I hear Roxanne whisper something to Roger about me and Brian being perfect for each other. I back up so I'm next to her then shove her. "Stop!" I hiss.

"What did she do?" questions Brian.

"Oh, I heard her teasing me. It's fine."

"Alright. Well I'm going to go get dressed. I'll be right back."

"I totally ship you guys!" Rox squeals to me, making me sigh out of frustration.

"What does that mean?" questions Roger.

"Oh, sorry. 2015 slang. I'm basically saying I want them to go out."

"Ah."

***

Queen and I just finished brunch, and now we are walking though London. We're silent unless a fan comes up for autographs. I can hear my heels clack clack against the hard pavement.

"Jane?" Brian says quietly, breaking the silence. "Would you like to go do something, just the two of us?"

"Oooooo!" Freddie, John, and Roger tease.

"Shut up," he calmly tells them as he shakes his head.

I giggle. "I'd love to! As long as everyone else is okay with it."

"Oh, we are, definitely." Roger grins mischievously and laughs to pester Brian.

"Okay," I say. "Then let's go."

Brian takes me away from the three hysterical band members and asks me where I want to go. 

"Let's just walk around and talk. That would be nice."

"Sounds great." The corners of his lips turn up just a little bit.

We watch as high-fashion women strut ahead of us and hyper tourists fly by us. We mostly quietly people-watch, but I decide to speak so it isn't as awkward.

"Brr, is it always this chilly here in September?" I ask as a failed attempt to make small-talk.

"Most of the time, yes." He chuckles shyly. "Would you like my jacket, love?"

"No, no, it's fine."

"Alright." He changes the subject. "So, tell me about your life back in 2015."

"It was nothing. I was a bit of a workaholic, and I was always the designated driver friend. I was very uptight. I regret that now."

"How so? Those can be decent traits sometimes."

"Well, right. Sometimes. I missed out on a lot of fun, and I didn't spend enough time with Roxanne. I couldn't be bothered with anyone, really."

"I can see why that can be an issue." I see his cheeks turn a light shade of pink as he stutters out his next question. "D-did you... um... have, uh, anyone... special back home?"

Oh my god, he's flirting. And it's adorable. He's so shy!

"Oh, no. I wasn't really the type to date. I'm reconsidering that now." I bite my lip, smiling.

"Well, I hope you're able to find someone you fancy here." He runs his hands through his wild curls as he says, "And maybe, uh... we could go out sometime."