All Work and No Play

Clementine, Clayton, and Queen in MM. In that order.

QUEEN POV

I walked into my small building donw town. I was wearing a white t shirt and some off white leggings. I had even thrown in some white high heeled sandals. My hair was bone straight and fell down my back. My lips were painted with a dark burgundy lipstick. I may dress for comfort, but I do it fashionably.

I looked to see Clementine at her desk typing on her computer and Clayton on the phone with the work crew. Clementine and Clayton were twins. Both of them were 24, which is only two years younger than me. They had been been working with me for the past two years. Clayton was my assistant and Clementine was my secretary.

"Hey y'all. Do y'all have any information on the Jones project?" I asked refering to a job we had taken on constructing a play house for a rich couple's son.

"Yes we do. They sent a description of how they wanted it to look and a picture that was close to it." Clem said handing me a folder with one hand and typing with the other.

"Okay." I said before going into my office to look at the contents of the folder and handle any other business that needed be handled.

My office was small, because I like small spaces. All I had in there was pn one side, a mini fride that I had stocked with Coca-Cola and powerade, a microwave on top, and a small table next to it where I kept any snacks that I didn't put in the fridge on one side of the room. And my desk with a file cabinet and a computer and my chair ln the other. I kept my office fairly neat. There were pictures of me and the things I had achieved that were put on paper on the walls and on my desk.

My computer screen lit up with a skype call from Toni. I clicked it and aswered it. He showed up on the screen with dramatic drag queen make up and a blonde wig. I smiled at the sight if my best friend.

"Hey Toni. What's up?" I asked.

"Gurl I'm so happy I had to dress in drag." He said standing up and showing me a full body view. He was wearing a turquoise dress.

"Yaaas bitch! Fuck it up!" I chanted semi loudly. Good thing the room is sound proof.

"Yaas bitch. But guess what?" He said sitting back down.

I could see his boyfriend, Kevin in the back ground eating a snickers bar. He looked over and waved.

"What?" I askd waving back.

Toni raised an eyebrow and looked behind him. He rolled his eyes and shooed his boyfriend away. Kevin loved to eavesdrop on his conversations and be seen. Toni would cuss him out every time.

"Kevin get cha bobble head ass out my fucking space. Go in the room. Don't you see me having a conversation? Damn!" Toni fussed and turned back around letting out a dramatic sigh.

"Back to what I was saying. I got this job opportunity to work with The Game. I'll be his real estate agent while he is trying to find a new house." Toni said excitedly.

"Yaaas! I love it! I'm so happy for you!" I cheered.

"This is where you come in though cause I got to havw a meeting with him and I need you to go with me." Toni said.

"Why?" I asked frowning.

"Girl for protection in case he attack my gay ass! Shit I know about them rough neck rappers and I know they will jump a gay bitch quick! Ion need that in my life." Toni said dramatically.

"I am not about to go to no meeting to fight. That's unprofessional. And I'm a woman. What I look like fighting a nigga?" I asked looking at him like he was crazy.

"Girl you can take him. You got them muscles and that pudge. You can take a punch. Shit you better Ray Rice his ass and run." Toni said.

"You can't be serious." I said laughing.

"Bitch but I'm is. And I also know you need some change he hon need an interior designer to help fix his house up." Toni said.

"I don't know. I don't work with celebrities. They be untrustworthy." I said.

"Bitch I been working with celebrities dor three years, I know damn well you can work with one. I know the good ones." Toni said.

"I still don't know Toni." I said.

"Girl come on. I need you for moral support and plus, there is money in it for you. If you become his interior designer, you get over $50,000!" Toni cheered.

"Somebody said $50,000?" Kevin said coming up behind Toni and putting his chin on his shoulder.

"Kevin move damn! Yo pointy ass chin stabbing me!" Toni said smacking him in the face making a loud noise.

"Ouch!" You lucky I love you or I'd leave yo abusive ass." Kevin said before walking off.

I shook my head and laughed. I took out a pen and a piece of paper.

"Toni what's the address and what time is the meeting?" I asked.

"10752 Solmon Lane. At Lefrin'e. You know that place the rich people eat at. Mhm. And it's at 3:25PM." Toni said.

I wrote it down and put the paper in my purse. I turned my attention back to the camera. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to make that much money. Plus, the company was kind of desperate right now. As an independent office with only 15 people working here, most being my contractors, it was hard. We hadn't had any big jobs that paid big money. Most weren't even $10,000 pay. That was for all of us to split and pay for this building.

"I can't believe I'm letting you talk me into this. I had another project I was working on." I said refering to the Jones project.

"Girl you better have Clayton fine ass handle that shit." Toni said making a dreamy face.

"I heard that bitch!" Kevin yelled from in the back ground.

"Shut up Kevin. You know yo dick is the only dick I wajna suck." Toni said rolling his eyes.

"I'm a talk to you later. I got to handle up on some work." I said.

"Alright bye Ms. All-Work-and-No-Play." Toni said.

"Bye." I said before turning the camera off and finishing my work.

By lunch break, I walked out my office and went to Clem and Clay who were eating in the break room.

"We may have a new job. Clementine you will be working with me on this one, so we'll be going to a meeting tomorrow at 3:25 PM, and Clay, you can take care of the Jones project." I said.

"I can handle it. I'm going to work hard." Clayton said.

"Thank you. I'm about to leave for the rest of the day. I locked my office up, so if you need any files out of there, call me and I'll come back and unlock it." I said before leaving.

I hopped in my car and drive home. It was great being my own boss. I loved owning my own company. I was only 26 and already had my own. I was one hell of a catch, too bad I wasn't trying to be caught.

Comment and vote.
What do you think about everybody so far?