players and users

Today, Jayceon and I were going to visit my mom. He had been bothering me about wanting to meet my mother for the past three weeks. Can you believe that? I mean he basically pulled all the stops until I finally gave in and called my mother that I was coming over and bringing a surprise.

We were at my mother's porch and I was knocking on her door. Jayceon looked very nervous and I felt bad for him. He had reason to be nervous though. My mother may have bothered me to get a man, but she didn't want me with just any man. She wanted me with a good Christian man.

My mother opened the door and Jayceon's face looked like he was seeing a horror movie. His eyes were bugged out and he was holding his breath. I shook my head and hugged my mother.

"Hey mom. This is my surprise. My boyfriend, Jayceon Taylor." I said smiling.

She wasn't smiling. Like she just literally scowled at him and turned and gestured for us to come in. I saw that not only was my sister there, but so was her husband and Toni. I instantly became nervous. Toni stood up in shock.

I hadn't told him I was dating Jayceon. Hell I hadn't told anybody I was dating Jayceon. I wanted to start with my mother and then gradually tell everyone else in my own time.

"Uh...hey everybody." I said smiling...or making a weird face that looked like a smile.

Jayceon squeezed my hand and took charge. He was nervous, but I guess at the end of the day...he's a thug so of course he's not gonna let us squares scare him.

"Hey. I'm Jayceon, Queen's boyfriend." He said smiling and reaching out to shake everyone's hand.

"So you finally wore her down? I knew this day would come." Toni said smirking. "But bitch why didn't you tell me? You know I'm gon have to give you a GREAT ass whooping now right? I thought you was just gon have him as a baby daddy." Toni said letting my secret slip.

"What!?" My mother and sister yelled at the same time.

"I think I need to use the restroom. I gotta shit. Bye!" Toni said before running out of the room.

"You're pregnant...by a rapper? Wow...I would never expect this type of thing to happen...at least not from you...from me..yes...from you... hell no!" My sister fussed.

"What? He is a human being like everyone else in here and he treats me real good. I don't know what the problem is. You all wanted me to get damn man!" I lashed back.

"Um...I think I should go." Jayceon said looking disappointed.

"Yes leave." My sister said with attitude.

"Shut up! You sit you ass down Jayceon!" I said.

I looked at me in shock and sat his ass down. I was so angry. How could they judge him like this? Why wasn't he good enough for them? They wanted me to have a man they didn't mention the part where they have a say in what man I have. This is bullshit.
"I need to talk to you in the kitchen." My mother said.

"Fine." We walked into the kit hen and my mother paced around.

"I tried my best to raise you right and teach you to get with a good guy and you bring this into my house?" She asked angrily.

"What are you talking about?" I asked becoming upset.

"You are pregnant by an ex con rapper who disrespects people, sucker punched niggas in the face and beefs with all kinds of artists. I'm not understanding where I went wrong." Mom said looking at me with hurt in her eyes.

"First off, you did raise me right. Trust and believe I'm not desperate and I didn't settle. I made him work for me and believe it or not he is a better person now that he is with me. Second of all I'm grown. I can make my own decisions and date whoever I want." I said.

"He is a user and a player. Guy like him find women like you and use you for what you have and leave you broken." My mother fussed.

"You know nothing about him. I'm leaving. Goodbye." I said turning around and leaving the kitchen. "Come on Jayceon. We aren't wanted here." I said. He and I left the house and I hugged Toni, the only supportive one, and promised to call him when I got home.

I couldn't believe my own family didn't support me and thought I would just go with any old guy. They may not have said it but they meant it.