Chapter 15

I want to thank EVERYBODY who's keeping my family in my prayers. My aunt is doing better. I went to see her today and she looks a lot healthier now than she did before she went in. 

Oh and my birthday is next Monday (July 27th) What are you guys getting me? lol

Lindsey

Daniel and I had been out apartment shopping all day. I didn't have anything to do today and I didn't want him sitting over Ava's house bored so I decided to take him with me, especially since I want him to have a say about where we're going to live. I don't have a definite time when I'll tell him the truth but I want him to know I'm his mother by the end of the year. Mama and Daddy can't keep my child any longer. Since I'm pretty much done with school, I know I'll be able to care for Daniel.

But now, I have to start my student teaching since I'm in my last semester. I should have started back at the start of the school year in September but I'm going in now. And while I'm student teaching, I'm supposed to be moving out of my dorm room and moving somewhere else. Mama and Daddy suggested me staying at their house until I got back up on my feet but that's just one place I can't go back to. And these apartments I'm looking at are close to the school I'll be student teaching at and hopefully teaching at in the fall. I'm just upset I'm student teaching at T3's school.

"So, which apartment did you like?" I asked Daniel.

We were sitting outside of this ice cream shop not too far away from the last apartment we looked at. I didn't want any ice cream but Daniel practically begged me to stop here so he could have a vanilla waffle cone that was way too big for him to eat by himself.

He looked up at me, only to be covered in a face full of ice cream. "I like the last one we looked at," he said as he vacuumed more ice cream into his mouth, "you know, the one with all the windows that looked over the city. I like that one."

I smiled as I threw my arm over his shoulder. "That was my favorite too.  Would you stay there with me sometimes? Like, spend the night?"

He shrugged his shoulders, more concentrated on the ice cream in his hands than this conversation. "I don't know. I gotta see if Mama will let me stay over."

"Oh, I'm sure she won't mind if you spent the night with me."

"Okay."

"How would you feel about staying there with me permanently?"

"What's that mean?"

"Well," I began, "that would become your home, like where you live. You'd go home everyday to our apartment. You'll be staying there with me and you'll even have your own room."

"I have my own room now," he interjected. 

"I know but you'll have your own room at my apartment. You'll be like the man of the apartment. How would you feel about that?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know. I don't wanna leave Mama and Daddy. I love them a lot."

I slightly frowned. "Well, don't you love me enough to come live with me?"

He put his head in his hands, sighing, as if this was a hard decision. I understand he lives with my parents but I'm his mother and he's supposed to love me the most out of anybody else in the world. Instead of him being so unsure of this, I should have been the obvious choice. He should love me more than he loves my parents. "I love Mama and Daddy more. They're my parents and I'm supposed to love them more Lindsey. I still love you though but my love for you is like sister love."

I swear my heart sank when I heard him say that. Well, damn. He loves my parents than he does his own mother, was there even a point in me trying to better myself so I can be a great mother to him? He won't even appreciate the love I have for him since all I am to him is sister love. Maybe I should rethink this plan of taking him away from Mama and Daddy. I mean, he's already got comfortable with them and obviously loves them more. I don't want to strip him of everything he knows since he doesn't know anything about me.