Chapter 21

When do you guys start school? I don't wanna post really late and you guys are in school. I don't go back until September 8th but I know some people already started back in July lol

And thank you guys sooo much for your prayers. My aunt is out of the hospital and cancer free! And I'm gonna try my hardest to update but I just found out my uncle died and I need to take a break from writing for awhile.

Lindsey

"So, can I ask you something?" Tee Tee asked as we continued picking up sticks.

"What's up?"

"You know, Aubrey only acts the way he does because he really likes you. Right?"

I nodded my head. "Yeah, I know. I don't know why he likes me so much though."

"He claims it's because you're nice to him. I think you should give him a chance."

I scrunched up my face, trying not to laugh. "Are you serious? I'm too old for him."

She shrugged her shoulders. "So? He really likes you."

"I know he does but I just don't feel like it's right. Aubrey's my brother's best friend, what do I look like being with one of his friends? And I'm seven years older than him. I mean, I'm basically done with college when he hasn't even finished high school yet. I could go to jail for doing anything with him, seriously."

"But you never said you didn't like him back," she smirked. 

I sighed. "Look, I know I never said it because I do like Aubrey," I mumbled, "but not the same way he likes me. I like him as a really good friend. He's the type of person to always be there for you and say the right things to make you feel special. We used to talk on the phone a few years ago and he'd tell me about his parents' divorce and I'd tell him how I wasn't feeling happy and how depressed I was. That's how he started liking me but I mainly think he likes me because I'm an older girl showing him attention. That's why he 'claims' he likes me. Plus I'm in between guys right now."

She smiled. "Oh. Who? Mr. Curry? Because he's totally cute and I can see why you guys have something going on with each other. If I was older, I'd talk to him too."

I chuckled. "Yeah, Mr. Curry and I are talking to each other but that's about it. We went out a few weeks ago. He made me dinner and we just talked at his house all night long."

She smiled even harder. "See, I knew he had a heart. All the guys hate him 'cause all the girls think he's cute. The boys claim he's rude but I don't think he is. I just don't think he has time for mistakes or foolishness like Aubrey and Theodore," she shook her head. 

"You're right but he doesn't even act so uppity when it's just me and him. He's really sweet and he isn't smooth on his feet, and that's what I like him about him. He'll get nervous and not know what to say to me, that's why I feel so bad about canceling our date last Wednesday."

"Why did you?"

I sighed. "Because I was hanging out with the other guy," I replied. I hated myself for canceling but I really hate how I sound right now. I just feel like I'm reliving my high school days when I was between John and Jordan.

"Oh. Dang. Who's the other guy?"

"His name's Andre. I've known Andre since I was a kid because we went to the same church but I never decided to go out with him until I was your age."

"Where did you guys go?"

I smiled. "We went on a triple date with my two best friends. We all sat in the back of one of the guys' pick-up trucks all curled up together. A whole bunch of crazy stuff happened that night but Andre was there for me the entire time. And after everything I've been through the past few years, he's been there for me the entire time. He even helps me with Daniel and said if anything was to happened between us that he'd treat Daniel as one of his own."