Chapter 43

Just to clarify a few things: Shyla is NOT dead. In the previous book, Ashley talked about killing her but never got the chance to before Luther killed Ashley and Luther was killed before he even got the chance to kill Shyla. And she was in the book at Teddy's club in the last book too. So, for all of you confused people lol Shyla is ALIVE and NOT dead.

Victoria

Teddy looked up from what ever he had in front of him on his desk and smiled. "Hey, I was just about to call and see if you could come up here."

"That still didn't answer my question. I'm trying to figure out what the hell is going on here."

Charlotte sighed. "Nothing is going on here. Me and Teddy are just strictly talking about some matters concerning your family. I know you hate me and I hate you too bitch but there's more important things to worry about. When Teddy first told me about what happened to Lindsey, I was at a loss for words but I wanted to do something to help. As you all may know, my new boyfriend deals with crime scene investigating. Isaiah was able to give him a few clues and some evidence from what happened to her. He made some calls and got in contact with some important people who may be able to help us crack this case since they were all present during the time she got hurt."

"Who?" I asked.

"You ever heard of Benny, Peaches and Antoine?"

I scrunched up my face when I heard those three names. I hadn't heard anybody say anything about them since I was back in high school, so I just assumed they were all dead, especially Benny. How old is he anyways? He was about 10 or 15 years older than my Daddy, so how is he still involved with the streets when he has to be at the least 90? And Antoine and Peaches know they're too old to still be involved with stuff like this. By this point, I thought they would've gotten out of the game. But I guess this is just something they like to do since they've been in and out of trouble their entire lives.

And I guess Peaches is still running around after older men that really don't want shit to do with her. I can't stand that bitch, especially after Mama told me how she tried breaking her and Daddy up. And I'm sure she can't stand me either, that's why I never understood why, when I was younger and Teddy used to sell for Benny, why she'd just come up to me like we were the best of friends and like she and my parents didn't have history. She's a fake and a fraud.

"They're still alive?" I asked.

Teddy nodded his head. "Yeah, that's the same thing I asked. I thought they all would've been dead by now, especially Benny. And I didn't think they'd still be in the game at this point."

"Benny's up there in age but he's out but Antoine and Peaches aren't. They're still heavily involved with whatever they have going on down in Compton. They're both running a small club down in Compton that's only open on the weekend but I'm sure you could go up there tonight and they'll be up there. I already talked to them about meeting you guys down there tonight."

"Meeting them for what?" I asked, confused. "What can they tell me that the police won't tell me? And how do I know what they're going to say is gonna be the truth or not? Because the two of them are known for lying and Benny is too old to get any type of story right, so really, what can they do for me that I can't do on my own?"

"They can give you some answers. I'm sure, as old as they are, they won't be playing any games with y'all. They have the truth and you guys wanna know the truth, so you guys need to go down there and find out what happened. You already know the police won't give you the full and accurate story but somebody who's known you and your family for years will tell you the truth."

I crossed my arms across my chest. "As long as you've known me and my family, you haven't once told the truth or done anything nice for us. How do I know if you're even telling me the truth right now? You could just be setting me up to get me in trouble, like you did in the past when Luther kidnapped me and Teddy. I know you were the mastermind behind that plan, and I know you were probably the mastermind behind my daughter getting hurt. All you wanna do is hurt me and my kids so you can get my husband to your self. I know you still want him."