Chapter 41

I have a joke for you guys lol

What's DJ Khaled's favorite number?

Answer: 11 because it has ANOTHER 1! lol

Victoria

I sat on the edge of my bed the next morning putting on my shoes, lost in thought about how my children are spiraling downwards. I don't even know what to do with them anymore, and I feel like it's my fault. Like I failed them. Ava won't even talk to me anymore because Rob and Hazel have twisted her brain up. They're making it seem like I'm the bad guy when I've done nothing but good for her, her entire life. Teddy and I didn't have to take her in, and we didn't have to care for her and treat her as if she was our daughter. I just wish she would see all the good things Teddy and I have done for her, instead of listening to Hazel.

Hazel's jealous of me and my life. Period. For years I've known she was jealous of me, especially after that Rodney stuff in high school. Me and her just haven't been the same since then and I honestly don't care about repairing our relationship. I'm 51 years old, I don't really give a damn about keeping friendships at this point in my life and neither should she. But if she's that concerned about ruining my life because she's still hung up on something so simple that happened in high school, then she can continue to harp on it but I won't let her turn Ava out. Who knows what the hell she's got Ava doing with her crazy ass.

And Theodore. I don't even know what to say about him. Since I found out Nicole's pregnant, I haven't been able to sleep the past couple of weeks nor have I had an appetite. I don't know how to deal with him sleeping around and getting girls pregnant and he's only 16. I know Lindsey had a baby when she was 17 but she was on a completely different situation, and for Theodore to bring that up and try to use it against me is wrong. He's deliberately out having sex with girls without any protection, and part of me feels like this is just karma coming to bite him in the ass. He knows he needs to use protection, so it's only fair that he has the responsibility of being a father in place of not using protection.

I was so angry at him a few weeks ago when I found out. I don't want to start creating this vicious cycle of my kids having kids when they're still kids themselves. I don't want anymore grandchild right now, and they shouldn't want any children. Sometimes, I feel like I want more out of Theodore's life than what he wants for himself. It's like he doesn't even care anymore. Just a few years ago, he was such a good kid. He'd go to school, yeah he'd get in trouble sometimes, but he'd do his work and wouldn't be trying to get away with low grades and hanging out all night. I wish he would go back to being that kid.

I took a deep breath and stood up from my bed after I finished putting on my shoes. I'm really not in the mood to go to work today after finding out about Lindsey being in the hospital but I know I need to get up and go out. If it was up to me, I'd be laying around in bed all day sulking but I have to keep things together for my family. And if Teddy can go out to the club and keep his life moving forward, then I know I can do the same thing too.

I walked out of my bedroom and down the hall to Theodore's room. I took a deep breath before knocking on his door. I don't know why I was so nervous to knock on my own son's door, but I am. I guess it's because he and I haven't sat down and had a real conversation after the news about Nicole got out or because we've been distancing ourselves from each other. I don't know if he feels it too, but it's so awkward being around him here lately.

He pulled the door open and I could tell he was surprised to see me, of all people, knocking on his door. "Yeah?" he asked.

"I uh just wanted to see how you were feeling."