Chapter 22 & Update

Update

Thank you to everybody who's praying for my family. It's really appreciated and me and my family are doing a WHOLE lot better now. Everybody's laughing and just trying to cope with everything but everybody's doing better. And I know I said I wasn't gonna post for awhile but then I realized writing is my outlet from keeping all of my thoughts jumbled together in my mind. 

But I'm back now from my little temporary 'break' and I'm gonna try my hardest to update as much as I can before school starts for me. A few people asked but I live in Detroit and as y'all know school starts on the 8th for me and I'm a SENIOR! (FINALLY!) But I have summer packets that I just started doing lol I've done my Calculus one and my English. If anybody has to read 'Brave New World' and has to write an essay on it, I finished mine. I got the plug for the essay lol Just inbox me for more details JK But I still have AP Bio and AP Spanish packets that I'm trying to do so is updated every two days good for you guys?

And who saw Straight Outta Compton yet? I saw it the day it came out and it was probably the BEST movie I've seen in a LONG time. I need some inspiration for this book and I definitely got it with that movie lol And how much y'all wanna bet somebody on Wattpad's gonna make a book called Straight Outta Compton, or they're gonna reenact the movie in their book or they're gonna make fan fictions about Ice Cube, Dr. Dre or Eazy E or even Snoop Dogg lol I'm just waiting to see a Straight Outta Compton book but no disrespect to anybody though lol

Lastly, do y'all like this book? Are the events happening too fast or too slow or you can't tell because my updates are so slow? And how do you guys feel about the characters in the book? Generally, what criticism do you guys have for this book for it to be better? (And don't be too mean with the criticism lol)

Theodore III

"Wake up! Wake up!" Aubrey yelled as he spread my eyelids open.

I groaned and rolled over, trying to get him off of me but he continued sitting on top of me like he lost his mind or something. I pushed him off of me causing him to roll off of me and on to the pillows that were separating us last night. See, we had to share a tent and I wasn't gonna be close and sleep with him so we bought extra pillows to make sure we didn't get too close at night since I know he's a wild sleeper. Even though we had three pillows separating us, he still found a way to make his way over to my side of the tent. But him kicking me in my back all night wasn't the worst part. The worst part was him snoring so damn loud.

"Man, get off of me. I'm tired. Go back to sleep."

I tried to roll over but he turned me back over so I was laying on my back. "It's time to get up. The sun is shining and the birds are chirping, plus I smell sausage," he smiled as he rubbed his stomach. "And you know how hungry a nigga get when he first wake up. Shit. I hope they got some orange juice or something."

"They probably got some," I mumbled, rolling over again but he turned me back around.

"Man, I really gotta tell you something."

"What's up?" I groaned.

"I kissed a woman."

I scrunched up my face. "You mean one of these fast squallies 'round here? Why you calling them women like they really mean something? These bitches ain't shit around here since they always throwing themselves at the first nigga they see."

He chuckled as he ran a hand down his face. "Man, I wouldn't necessarily call Lindsey a squally or a bitch. I'd like to call Lindsey a beautiful young woman with a strong head on her shoulders, or a child of God as my Grandfather-in-law would say," he smiled.