Chapter 18

Lindsey

Lindsey: You might need to come up here and talk to Theodore because he's out of control Grandpa and he's trying to fight his friend Willie right now.

I sent Grandpa that last text just in case I needed help getting Theodore off of Willie before I practically ran out of the school. "Move. Move. Move," I said as I pushed my way through the crowd of kids outside the school.

I can't believe Theodore would run out of detention and fight Willie after I told him not to. Actually, I can believe it. He doesn't listen to a thing I say and if he got his ass beat then that's punishment enough. But if he didn't get hurt, I'm definitely gonna tell Mama and Daddy about him. I've been covering up his mistakes for too long and it's about time he got a reality check and come out of this spoiled lifestyle Mama and Daddy got him living.

My eyes widened once I saw Willie and a few other guys standing over Theodore and Aubrey just kicking them in their stomachs. Theodore's irritating and annoying and rude beyond belief but he doesn't deserve to be beat up like this, neither does Aubrey. I pushed my way through the last set of kids who were standing in the front and I was amazed at how much blood was on the ground, but most of it was coming out of Willie. I'm just confused though. I thought this was supposed to be between Willie and Theodore, not Willie, Theodore, Aubrey and some other gang members who looked like they knew Willie.

"Oh my God, Theodore!"

Those guys were just kicking his stomach in but I wasn't gonna let them hurt him even Theodore annoys me. I took a deep breath before shoving the guy off of him. He toppled over into the crowd behind him. He was trying to get up but I was determined to move faster and get Theodore and Aubrey out of here before these guys tried to attack me. I reached down to pull up Theodore but one of the guys pushed me down on the ground and climbed on top of me as if he was really gonna hit me.

"Get off of me!" I yelled. 

He chuckled. "Nah, see you're the little bitch that pushed me. But just like I stomped them kids in, I'mma do the same to you. You ain't have no business messing around over here with grown men but I'mma teach you a lesson."

I scrunched up my face. "What? You're gonna leave me laying on the ground bleeding too? Get the hell up off of me." I rolled over trying to get from under him but he was sitting on top of me and he was huge. He had to have at least a hundred more pounds on him compared to me but I wasn't gonna let weight effect my safety. I scooted from under him and tried crawling away from him but he grabbed me by my legs and drug me back towards him. I screamed as my legs scraped up against the concrete and probably tore a layer of my skin.

"Aye, you need to chill!" I heard a few people yelling from the crowd.

It's good they're saying something to him but why won't they jump in and break this fight up before the entire school ends up fighting today? The man still drug me towards him but that's when I kicked my leg out and kicked him right in the mouth. His whole body fell back as soon as my foot came in contact with his mouth and blood started gushing everywhere. I knew I had a few seconds to try to get to Theodore before this man came back for me, so I crawled over to him and tried pushing the guys off of him he was fighting with.

Using all of my strength, I pulled my body up off of the ground and stood face to face with one of the guys that was taking turns stomping Theodore and Aubrey. I drew my arm back and punched him in his face. He stumbled back a bit and so did I. I looked down at my knuckles that were red and gushing blood. "Shit." I didn't think that punch would hurt that much but I must have hit his teeth or something to make my knuckles bleed.

My body tensed up as soon as I felt a hand on my shoulder. I knew it was the big guy that I kicked in the mouth ready for round two, so I quickly turned around and just swung my fist but Grandpa caught it. "Aye, you need to chill out with all that hitting baby girl," he told me before turning around to the crowd. "The show is over! All y'all mother fuckers need to take y'all asses home!"