Chapter 30

Lindsey

I nervously stood in front of Liquor Joe's like Stephen wanted me to but I didn't plan on picking up any people like he wanted. I just came like he wanted me to do. He was supposed to meet me up here about an hour ago but he hasn't shown up yet. I just hope he shows up soon because Grandpa and Marcus are supposed to be coming here.

I didn't know what to do earlier so I called up Grandpa to get his help but he was with Marcus while I called and he had me on speaker phone. Grandpa, Marcus and I devised a plan earlier to catch Stephen in the act of pimping me out so they can get a hold of him. Now, Marcus claims Stephen works for him and shouldn't be pimping anyone in my family out so Marcus plans on catching him in the act and punishing him but Stephen hasn't shown up yet.

I pulled my phone out of the trench coat I had on and looked at the time. Where's Stephen at? Where's Grandpa and Marcus? Even though I'm not picking up any customers, I don't like standing out here like I'm some damn prostitute. It makes me feel even dirtier than I already feel. I feel horrible for just standing out here with these lowlifes. Most of the people out here are stupid drunk or high as a kite and I'm uncomfortable.

"Aye, what can I get for five bucks?"

I quickly looked up and took a sigh of relief when I saw it was just Grandpa and Marcus trying to be funny. I rolled my eyes. "That's not funny."

Marcus laughed. "Yeah it is. So, where's Stephen's punk ass at?"

I shrugged my shoulders as I looked up and down the street but it seemed like I kept seeing the same faces. None of them looked familiar and none of them looked like Stephen. He probably didn't think I had the balls to actually show up but as soon as he put his hands on me, I knew he was nothing to be played with. I'm not terrified of him but I'm slightly fearful of what he could do to me. He's a nut case and the crazy ones are always the quickest to kill somebody. I'm not trying to die, so I wasn't going to play with Stephen. I was gonna listen to him.

"I don't know. He was supposed to meet me here over an hour ago."

Grandpa nudged Marcus. "His scary ass probably heard we were coming," he laughed, making Marcus laugh too.

"Hell yeah. That's probably what it is. Have you tried calling him?"

I shook my head. "No."

"We can go to my car and you can try calling him from there baby girl."

Grandpa threw his arm around my shoulder and pulled me into a hug as he walked me across the street to his black Escalade with the 24 rims that he's had for years. Me and Grandpa slid into the front seats while Marcus got in the back. The inside of Grandpa's car was covered in a charcoal black interior that was always warm to the touch. The front of his car was always so neat and clean but the back was filthy. It's been that way for years. I don't know what him and Grandma do in the back of his car but I hope they're not sleeping together like I think they are. But if they are, it would explain the pair of pink panties that's stuffed in between the back seats.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and put the phone on speaker while I dialed Stephen's number. The phone rang and rang and rang and rang until it finally stopped since his voicemail box was full. I sighed as I looked over at Grandpa.

"Now what?"

"We pay him a little visit at his place of residence," Grandpa said as he buckled up. He looked at Marcus through the rear view mirror. "You know where that bitch ass nigga lives?"

"Yeah, just turn right when you get up to the light. He don't live too far away from my warehouse. He's actually just a few blocks away from my warehouse."