Chapter 35

And don't forget to vote for me to win money for college. Just go to the website ALL over my profile. This link: https://www.wyzant.com/scholarships/voting/125988

Happy Halloween to you guys too! What did you guys dress up as and did you go trick or treating? This year was the first time in years since I dressed up lol I was Kim Possible and I went trick or treating for the first time today. See, my parents don't do that trick or treating stuff because they think somebody's gonna try to poison me lmao But I went trunk or treating and got LOTS of candy. :)

Theodore III

"How was your first day of school?" Mama asked as she drove us home.

"It was cool," I replied. Why was she talking to me like she liked me? Just a few hours before school started she didn't want anything to do with me. Now she's trying to check up on me like she hasn't been telling me how much she hates me and how big of a piece of shit I am.

"Do you like your teachers?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Yeah, I guess. A couple of them weren't here today, so I'll see if I like them tomorrow," I replied. I still don't understand why she wanted to send me to Compton High, besides her working there. I mean, the education quality isn't even better than my old school. I didn't get any homework tonight, and I'm sure I won't ever get any the way nobody shows up to class. So I can easily pass here and get my grades up. I just don't understand how moving me away from everything I know was a good idea.

"Well I hope you like them and can get adjusted to them when they come. You're gonna be at this school until you graduate, so get used to it. And don't act a fool on them either tomorrow. I got eyes all around the school boy."

I shook my head and looked out of the window.There's the rude Mama I was waiting for. I knew she couldn't be nice to me for two seconds. "Alright. Uh I got a text from Nicole today."

She sighed. "And what did she say?"

"She wants me to come see her so we can talk about the baby."

"And what did you tell her?"

"Nothing. I was waiting to talk to you about it."

"You're a grown man. You can speak for yourself now?" she asked.

"Nah," I mumbled. How was I supposed to respond to Nicole? If I had taken the initiative and made plans, she would've said I was making plans around her life. And what plans can I even make? I can't drive my car, so I'm stuck trying to work around her. And she has me on punishment. I can't even leave the house unless it's for school. "What should I tell her?"

"That you can talk to her on the phone and discuss this baby, even though there's really nothing to discuss. The baby isn't born yet so she has no reason to be discussing a baby with you. You can tell her that if she wants to talk about a baby, then she can call me because you don't know anything about a baby. I've raised four, so I know everything there is to know about children. And remind her that just because she wants to be a failure, that doesn't mean you want to be one too. Stop texting her during school. Do you understand?"

I nodded my head. "Yes Mama."

I stayed silent for the remainder of the ride home. I didn't want to get anything else started with her, so I just silently used my phone for the last few minutes that I'd have it tonight. Aubrey was telling me about what happened today in his science class.

Aubrey: I gotta call you tonight. I gotta tell you what happened today at school nigga lol

Theodore: You know my Mama's gonna take my phone. What happened?