Chapter 17

THANK YOU FOR ALLLLLLL OF THE BIRTHDAY WISHES EVERYBODY!!

Theodore

I don't know what the best thing about this weekend was. I don't know if it was sleeping with Nicole or sleeping with Tee Tee but I felt like a brand new man this weekend. I went from being a virgin for 16 years to having sex three times in just one weekend. And I even smoked for the first time this weekend. I feel really good. I've felt really good all morning.

"Why are you smiling so much?" Mama asked as she leaned against my door frame.

I shrugged my shoulders as I tied my shoes. "It's just been a really good day."

Mama scrunched up her face as she tightened her robe. It seemed like I was the only person happy today. Mama looked like she didn't get any sleep last night. "It's just seven in the morning. How is it a good day already? What have you been doing this morning? You been doing drugs?"

Weed isn't technically a drug. It's a plant, so I shook my head. "Nah. You know I don't do drugs or nothing like that."

"Well, how come you smelled like week last night after you dropped Nicole off at home? Explain that to me."

"Oh, I saw Aubrey walking back home, so I picked him up. He was around some people that was smoking and the smell just rubbed off on me when we were in the car. The windows were rolled up," I explained even though I was lying through my teeth.

She squinted her eyes and stared me up and down as if she didn't believe me. "Yeah, whatever. I'll believe that lie for now but if you ever bring your ass back to my house smelling like weed, I'm gonna beat your ass. And I'm serious. That's unacceptable. Do you understand?"

I slightly frowned. Damn. She was ruining my vibe. "Yeah Mama."

"Excuse me?"

"Yes ma'am."

She smiled. "Cool. I love you baby."

"Love you too Mama."

"Lindsey's waiting downstairs for you so she can drive you to school since I grounded you last night for smelling like weed," she said as she walked away from my bedroom.

I shook my head. I swear Mama only acts crazy like that for attention. I grabbed my book bag and gym bag before heading downstairs to meet Lindsey so she could take me to school. I don't know why Mama was being so persistent about me being on punishment all of a sudden. Normally, she'd tell me I'm on punishment but wouldn't ever take my stuff away like she's doing now. She'd usually just push my punishment under the rug.

"Good morning family," I announced as I walked into the kitchen with a huge smile still plastered on my face. I plopped down in my usual seat at the kitchen table next to Daniel and across from Pops. Lindsey was sitting in between Daniel and Pops today.

Pops looked up from his cereal with a scowl on his face. "What the fuck you so happy for? You get high last night with your friends or you finally got some ass?"

Lindsey smacked her lips. "Dang Daddy Daniel is still in the room."

"Right," Daniel amened Lindsey.

Pops looked up at the clock behind me before looking over at Lindsey. "It's time for Daniel to get dressed for school anyways so it doesn't even matter. Bye Daniel."

Daniel scooped another fork full of eggs into his mouth before he climbed out of his seat. "Bye Daddy," he yelled as he ran out of the kitchen.

"So, tell me what's up kid. What was you doing this weekend?" Pops asked me but I just shook my head.