Seattle, Washington (Monday, August 5th, 2019)

Michael woke up suddenly. He was used to being waken up these days, he didn't even threaten to murder a village anymore.

Luke's foot pressed harshly into Mike's thigh again, almost kicking him off their bed.

Mike rolled his eyes as he sat up. He pressed two hands against Luke's back, pushing him towards the other end of their bed.

A large snore left the blonde's throat, Michael was surprised he hasn't scared himself awake yet. Mike laid on his back, kicking the sheets off the bed. He wanted the comfort feeling of being wrapped up in cozy sheets, but he didn't want to sweat to death.

Luke rolled over harshly, his nose hitting into Mike's shoulder.

"Ow, fuck, Luke," Michael whispered out. He pushed the boy back to his side of the bed, holding his arms down and tucking him in to the plush pillows.

Mike laid back down, curling up until his back faced Luke.
Once awake, Mike had trouble falling back asleep. His head filled with thoughts, but for once they weren't of his own funeral. He thought of his future, their future. Filled with sunflowers and giggles, it was something new.

Luke's back arched as he choked on his own spit. He rolled towards Michael, his arms flailing over his body.

"Jesus Christ, Lucas." Michael made himself comfortable on his back once more. He pulled Luke on top of him, their bare chests touching in a line of sweat. Mike wrapped his arms around Luke's back, holding him close.

Luke instinctively snuggled into his warm chest, his breath falling slower and slower with every minute.

Michael stared up at their hotel ceiling, rubbing his hand up and down the back he loves too much. When did hotels become their home? He hasn't been home in months, and he doesn't seem to mind. Michael likes going hotel room to hotel room as long a Luke is at his side.

It was hard, all those years of touring knowing Luke was home all alone. Michael didn't like leaving him alone. It was some type of protective thing. Mike felt like he needed to keep the blonde twink safe and sound from any danger in the world.

Mike could feel drool dripping onto the light hairs of his chest, but he didn't want to move Luke away anymore.

Michael closed his eyes, trying to steady his own breath.

He remembers waking up next to Luke for the first time many years ago. He never thought he'd get used to it. He never thought he could be tied down with a partner, now a family on their way.

He thought of Luke as a casual fuck, and now, four years later, Luke's still laying on his chest. Michael didn't know they were to get married and get pregnant. He didn't know such a lanky boy could carry his all of his happiness.

Michael always told himself to never depend on anyone for happiness. But, here he is. Depending on Luke to carry him home.

Mike began to fall into a sleep state of mind, his thoughts leaving lucidity.

Luke rolled off of him, Michael's hands not holding him against Mike anymore. Luke rolled off the wrong way, falling off the bed and crashing to the carpeted floors. He woke up, yelping at the sudden burst of pain.

"Dammit, Luke." Michael sat up, giving him a hand and helping him up.

"You pushed me."

Michael reached for the thin sheets, tucking him in. "I did not, you're just a mess."

"You're a mess," he repeated like a child.

Mike kissed his forehead before tucking himself in. "I know. Go to bed, again. Try not to kick me, please."

Luke stuck out his tongue before curling into Michael's body again.