(Thursday, January 30th, 2020)

From / Mom

Aw, Luke, they look so cute! Can't wait for April.

Luke read the message from his mother before replying with a simple smiley face. He threw his phone on the bed as he continued to sit on the desk in their bedroom. He wasn't sure how he fit on the desk, his legs crossed underneath his body.

Luke reached to the side, grabbing another thumbtack. He was hanging up the most recent ultrasound on their cork board, making each look perfect.

He sent photos out on social media, to all his friends, to his family. He was proud of the four babies growing in him.

At twenty-eight weeks, each baby was almost two and a half pounds. Their faces could be made out, and they actually looked human.

One of the babies—the one on the bottom that always hides—had Luke's nose, according to Michael. Luke didn't see it, he just saw these little babies all growing inside of him with little noses and little fingers and little legs.

Mike would know, though. He's spent so many years falling asleep as he stared at Luke's peaceful features. He knows the way his nose slopes, the way his nose points, the way his nose flares. Michael knows Luke, and he knows his four daughters, too.

Luke steps down carefully, steadying his balance before taking another step. Taco stands up from her curled up position on their unmade bed. She watches his every step, as if she could do much if he fell.

The very pregnant blonde boy hasn't done much walking lately. He's content with going downstairs once in the morning to feed the cat, then he grabs a few meals, and head back upstairs. In the evening, he'll go back down, do some dishes, feed Taco, then go upstairs and straight to sleep.

Luke wishes Mike could be here to entertain him and rub his feel and kiss his belly, but he's still halfway around the world doing what he does best. He'd be home in less than a week, but only for three days.

Luke just takes what he gets, and doesn't complain too often. Well, doesn't complain out loud too often.

He slowly fell back into their bed. His body was definitely double the size it was a few months ago. Luke wasn't able to comprehend that the babies aren't done growing yet. They still have a long way to go, and that stresses him out.

His entire body feels tight as he figures another fake contraction is coming on. He's been getting those a lot recently, his whole body just freaks out (understandably—there are four babies that were not this big last week) for a while before it goes back to normal.

Taco curls up along Luke's hips, exactly where his hands rest. His long fingers comb through her white fur as she begins to purr softly. He soothes his own breath, counts the repetition of his cats' breathing, then finds himself in a comfortable nap.

(a/n) I HAVE A NEW FANFIC UP!!! CALLED "WHAT DO WE DO NOW?", IT'S PRISON!MUKE SO.......,,,GO CHECK IT OUT.