(Thursday, December 19th, 2019)

Luke hands-off call rang through the speakers of their Range Rover before Mike's voice filled his ears.

"Luke? You alright?"

"Yeah, just got back from a doctor's appointment," he responded. Luke pulled from the office and onto the main road.

"Is everything okay?"

"Did you know that my uterus can expand over 500 times while pregnant?"

Michael furrowed his eyebrows as he sipped at his morning coffee. "That's kind of gross."

Luke nodded, even though Mike couldn't see him. The blonde probably looked insane to the cars around him—just a boy talking to himself and nodding. "Babies are pretty much just fish except in the uterus."

"Luke, ew, stop."

"You're the one the impregnated me! You should know these facts!" Luke watched the road as he listened to the hum of his husband's voice in a casual conversation on the phone.

Luke always liked Michael's voice—every aspect of his voice. He had a higher voice, and it squeaked when he was lying or joking around.

Sometimes, his voice was warm though. Luke never knew a voice could bring such comfort to his life. In the mornings and late at night, it was raspy and he talked slower. The blonde could always tell when the younger boy was tired.

There was also the whines and moans he'd yell out when he passed over his high. There were grunts leaving deep in his throat as he'd release out. Luke loved it. All of it.

"You know what?" Luke interrupted Michael. "I hope these babies appreciate all I'm doing for them."

"Oh," Mike said, a laugh leaving his throat.

"I can physically feel my organs being crushed right now. This is shit."

Michael thought back to the most recent photo of Luke's belly he saw. It seems like every morning Mike would receive a photo of the growing bump along with some type of complaint. Luke was only twenty-two weeks, but he looked very close to nine months. That's what quadruplets do to a man's body.

"Are you almost home?"

Luke pulled into their gated community, giving a quick wave to the positioned security guard. "Yeah, almost."

"Are you going to take a nap later?"

"Don't patronize me."

Michael rolled his eyes, his manager across from him hiding a laugh. "I'm not, Sweetie."

"Fuck you. I'm going to go cuddle with our cat." Luke pulled into their garage, almost hitting the two other cars parked on each side.

"How is that damn cat doing?" Michael leant back in his chair, his eyes wandering over the city next to him. He didn't even know what country he was in anymore. Luke would usually remind him of the schedule, but the bloke wasn't next to him this time around.

"She is perfect, we should've gotten a cat, like, five years ago when I originally asked."

"You never listen to me anyways, why didn't you just go get a cat then?"

Luke dumped his bag on the counter tops. He got used to not putting items on the floor since he knew he wouldn't be able to reach down and get them once more. "Oh, well, excuse me. I used to actually value your opinion."

"Okay, Lukey. I've gotta get going. Text me before you go to bed, okay?"

"Maybe I will, maybe I won't." He put his hand behind Taco's ear, scratching the soft fur.

"Love you."
"You, too." He paused. "I was talking to the cat."

(a/n) so i'm gonna be away for a while. the earliest update will either be sunday or monday. i'm sorry :( i'll try to update earlier if i can.