(Thursday, February 20th, 2020)

Ashton sat down on the end of the bed, avoiding the protective cat ready to slash at anyone who dared come near Luke. "Yeah, so, we got an offer we like on the house. We've gotta be out soon. We put in an offer at a different house that's not too far from here, you'll be first to know if they accept the offer."

Luke took another spoonful of the low fat yogurt. He was forced on almost bed rest by the brunette watching him eat. Ashton comes four times a day to check up on Luke as if he's an infant. "I'm happy for you guys. Are you packing up the house all alone?"

"The girls are at school, so yeah. It's not too stressful, I bought out the postal office of their boxes."

"You know, I can help—."

"No, Luke." Ashton stood up, stretching out his back. He grabbed his jacket from their desk chair, checking his phone for anyone in need of him. "I'll be back with the girls around 3. Call me if you need me."

"Call me, beep me, if you wanna reach me." Luke recited the slogan for Kim Possible like the eight year old he was at heart.

"Bye, Lukey."

"Bye, Dickwad. Don't forget to close the garage."

Luke was left alone in his bedroom once more, Taco sound asleep on Michael's pillow. Michael wasn't allergic to cats, but he might be when he comes home to a pillow filled of fur.

Taco was oddly protective of the 6'4" blonde boy. She would hit at and bush up at anyone who dared come within ten feet of Luke. She didn't care if it was Ashton or either of his kids, she didn't care it it was Luke's friends, or even Michael. No one was going to touch Luke if Taco was around.

Luke placed the empty bowl of yogurt onto his bedside table, knowing Ash would be back to clean it up soon enough. He pushed his body down, laying flat in the big bed. The bed felt so empty without his husband.

Taco stood up, awake from her slumber when she sensed Luke moving. She curled back up at his side, her white and black fur tickling his abnormally large belly.
Luke rested a hand on top of his cat, combing his fingers through the comforting fur. Luke semi-wishes he had fur, that would be cool.

The babies are huge at thirty-two weeks. They were hiccuping and jumping and kicking and punching and rotating and causing Luke pain. He could feel their every move and it wasn't comfortable.

Luke was beyond one hundred percent positive that he never wanted to have more kids after these four were born. He never wanted to carry children again. Luke is excited for his girls, and that's the only thing keeping him from crying when one of them hiccups inside of him again.

He whined out, hoping the girls would hear him and stay the hell still for once in a long time. Luke remembers when he cried the first time his body started to change. Many weeks later, he wishes it was only his chest that enlarged.

Luke tried to relax, his eyes closed, his breath shallow. Their feet were pressing into his rib and shaking his entire body. He ached all over, geez, it hurt.

Ashton opened another brown box, piling nonsense equipment from the master bedroom into the cardboard material. He knew Calum would get mad if he didn't make sure everything was patted correctly. God forbid he dare to toss in an EOS body he hasn't used since the age of fifteen.

They've lived in that small house for many years now. Ash was a scared boy out of college head over heels for the tan boy when they first signed the lease. Now, he's a confident motherfucker head over heels for the tan boy as they sign off a new lease.

Ashton seals up another box as he pushes it into the hallway. He still barely made a dent in all the things they needed to pack before the end of the month.
He really wishes Calum was right next to him, packing up boxes, too.

Ash thinks about laying in bed with Cal quite a few years ago, his head rested on the younger boy's chest as Cal edited an old shoot. He remembers how fascinated he was with the many slides of Lightroom and how Calum knew every single one.

Ashton was so completely infatuated with Calum, even when they fought, even when he was never home, even when Ash was ready to give up.

Without a ring on his finger, it was easy for the two to simply end it all. Ashton believes that after all this time they have never had a thought of break up cross their minds, and he thinks that's stronger than most are able to say.

The two haven't actually dated for that long. Sure, they have two kids and a house. But, it's only been about four and a half years. How was Ashton supposed to know that he was ready to spend the rest of his life with Calum? That's a long time.

Ash pushes another box into the hallway, writing its contents on the top in neat calligraphy.

Ashton is pretty sure that the ache in his heart every time he thinks of the younger boy coming home is love. He's positive that Calum is the one. He's the one Ash has been waiting for to come along, pick him up, and confess his dire love.

He's the one that makes him feel okay, and sometimes 'okay' is good enough.