Chapter forty-four

Chapter forty-four

Ryder took a large gulp of water trying to calm himself down. He was still gasping for air as if all the oxygen was knocked out of his system. He was furious at himself for saying something so stupid to Andrea. He knew he had hurt her and he felt so guilty he wanted to punch himself over and over again. Once he knew he was thinking straight, he went outside to try to find Andrea. Knowing her, he knew that she wouldn't actually run home when they were practically in the middle of nowhere. 

He started walking around the place. Then, he finally saw a figure sitting by the shore. She was sitting with her chin rested on her knees and her arms were around her. He slowly approached her but didn't say a thing. He sat down next to her as the chilly air washed through them. He didn't say anything for a while and neither did she. She didn't even spare him a glance. She was too focused staring at the waves of the water. 

"I'm sorry." He finally whispered as the guilt came back eating him slowly. "Andrea, I didn't mean to say any of what I've said. I wasn't thinking straight and I'm so sorry. If I could go back and take back everything I've said, I would. Please accept my apology." He begged but she didn't even move from her position or even make a single sound. 

"Hit me!" He suggested. "Slap me! Be furious! Be mad! Anything, Andrea! I will take anything just please, don't shut me out!" He pleaded and it seemed to work because she turned her head towards him. He stared at her eyes and felt like someone had punched him in his stomach. She obviously had been crying and her eyes were swollen and red. 

She looked away from him and stood up from her spot and started walking away. She wrapped her arms around herself trying to protect herself from the cold air. Ryder was dumbfounded for a couple of seconds before running off and chased Andrea. "Andrea, please." He said wrapping his arms around her from behind. He hugged her tightly and she didn't respond. She didn't move, she didn't struggle against his hold and it was driving him insane. 

He spun her around to face him and placed both of his hands on each side of her face. "I'm sorry." He once again apologized staring into her grey orbs. Andrea felt a tight squished on her heart. She knew that he was sincere with his words. He was sorry but Andrea composed herself and didn't give him the satisfaction of seeing her give in. "Please forgive me." He begged sorrowfully. 

She placed both of her hands on top of his and pulled them away from her face. "I promise, I'll stay away from you." She whispered walking away again. Ryder was quick on his feet and hugged her tightly from behind.

"No, please don't do this!" He desperately uttered. "You can't stay from me, Andrea. I won't allow you because I don't know what I'll do! Please, I'm sorry, I'm sorry." He continually apologized and Andrea heard him sniff. She then felt a drop of water on her arm and she realized that he was crying. Ryder Collins was crying, she couldn't believe it. She suddenly felt guilty and turned around to face him. Indeed, he was sobbing as tears continually flowed from his eyes. 

Andrea reached up and wiped his tears away. "Shhh..." She said pulling him into a hug as she uttered soothing words into his ears. "I don't know what I'll do with out you, Andrea. Please don't leave. I'm so sorry. It won't happen again, please just forgive me. Give me another chance. I love you, Andrea. I love you so much and I can't afford to lose you. Not you too, Andrea. I won't allow it." He rumbled pulling her tighter in his arms and repeatedly kissed her hair. 

"Shhh... Stop crying, Ry." She said pulling away from the hug.

"Look, Andrea." He started explaining. "I know I've said some things that I shouldn't have. But racing became my everything. It's my escape and I need you to understand that. I just can't cut it out of my life. That's like me telling you to stop reading, it's tough."